Cleaning a used tank

jaylensdad06

I think I'm gonna keep my 180 i got. The question I have is what can I use to clean that what I believe is calcium residue off of the glass? Can I use CLR before I vinegar bath it? When I cleaned my 120 vinegar cleaned everything but the calcium residue. What can I use to clean it that will be fishbsafe later? I'll try to get a pic of what I am talking about.

I used muriatic acid on a 150g I got for free. Could barely see thru the glass. I'm sure there is some sort of ratio you should follow. I just poured the muriatic acid into the filled tank until it started to bubble. At the time I wasn't too concerned about the tank so I'd say please look up a ratio of acid to water to eliminate the chances of fubar ing something up

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I couldn't find a mixing table when I cleaned mine. I found most people poured the muriatic acid in the water until it started to bubble. If that's how everyone does it, I couldn't tell you. I have about a gallon and a half of muriatic acid left. If you want it, it's yours

Didn't effect the tank silicone at all. It did disintegrate anything organic tho. There is a few videos on YouTube and quite a few threads on other fish forums of people using muriatic acid to clean dirty tanks

Vinegar would work too. Not nearly as strong as muriatic acid but with some elbow grease vinegar and some time would clean it as well

i used a gallon of muriatic acid (Pinch a penny - 21 baume) - added very slowly - to my 150 - then let it circulate over a 24 hour period. I would recommend the same dosage on a 180. I had lots of corralaine + some encrusted montis on the overflows. gone after 24 hours.

It doesn't harm anything in the tank and cleans it up very nicely. There may be spots that you need to once over with a rag or scrubber - but it'll be easy work.

This is what I'm talking about. Hopefully u can see it...this is my 120...only on 1 side panel thankfully...but I don't want it on the 180
d3091a72acdf1ad7d380493ee4cc02b6.jpg
30cb9ebfa6a9800e584cf02fa58fabd4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Back