Coral Identification

DSinSoCal

I received this coral from Saltwaterfish.com as part of a random frag pack. They don't label the bags or provide a packing list so there's no identification for the pieces they randomly send.

I forwarded a picture of this to their customer service and was told it looked like a green toadstool. I thought toadstools had soft (anemone-like) tissues and swayed in the current on a single stalk? As I told the customer service person, this is more of a rigid structure, sitting flat on a rock. It has more in common (to me, anyway) with the structure of a montipora.

Can anyone confirm what this is?

Attachments

• Green.jpg
    Green.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1
How can you tell the difference between Brassica and Dura -- or is there any practical difference between the two?

I'm reading that they can be toxic to other corals!! Should I be concerned? I have a Lobophyllia Brain, Scolymia, Montipora, Birdsnest & Poci, and assorted softies like Zoa, Sympodium, GSP, and Ricordea.

Why in the world would they send out something known to be toxic to other corals in a random frag pack without any instructions or notes? That seems quite foolish.

Thanks again, Al. The rhetoric about this guy on some sites is pretty extreme and made it sound like putting one in an aquarium was like dropping straight bleach into the water, as far as some corals were concerned.

Coral I'd help

Coral I'd help

Was wondering if any one knows what kind of coral this is

Attachments

• 20170710_103948.jpg
    20170710_103948.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1
Back