Crab ID

Hey everyone
Today I got my order from Tampa Bay Saltwater to add some biodiversity to my IM 20 gallon. Got about 4 pounds of rock and 5 pounds of sand. I saw this little crab walking around and was curious on if I should remove it or not.

Bonus pics of around the tank at the end. Can’t express enough how much of a difference the new sand and rock made.
EDB96E46-83BE-4238-BABF-E7D3C17F828A.jpeg
E8DAF960-8B7D-4C95-BD2D-A87672DCBE05.jpeg
C5E761C8-6DC2-4260-8B68-CD32A9777991.jpeg
643F3CBD-8C9F-42C8-A7A8-BDF58BDEF351.jpeg

D35D2A64-3D12-4190-A235-A29480FD4B7D.jpeg
This was before the sand and rock addition a few months ago. I lost the birds nest coral to a mean battle with Dino’s. Hence the influsuon of biodiversity now.

I always remove until Id’d. that said I’m not much help with the ID but I’ll tag @liverock to see if we can get help

I always remove until Id’d. that said I’m not much help with the ID but I’ll tag @liverock to see if we can get help
Unfortunately it’s an AIO system so I have nowhere to remove them too. I have found some other crabs tho… one of which I presume to be a gorilla crab. Time to learn how to trap them haha

Tank looks great. I'm not sure what kind of crab that is either. Hopefully liverock will chime in here.

As far as trapping crabs, I've always had good luck with leaning a glass up against the rock work at a slight angle and putting shrimp or something similar into the bottom of the glass. When the crab tries to get the food, it will slide into the glass and won't be able to climb out.

I just stick mine in the back compartment lol

And agree with Griss, that method usually works.

Tank looks great. I'm not sure what kind of crab that is either. Hopefully liverock will chime in here.

As far as trapping crabs, I've always had good luck with leaning a glass up against the rock work at a slight angle and putting shrimp or something similar into the bottom of the glass. When the crab tries to get the food, it will slide into the glass and won't be able to climb out.
Thank you!

Back