Crash

Ld4

Hi guys,
My fiancés tank crashed yesterday. We poured draino down the tub which is pretty far from the bedroom where the tank was. At least 30 feet. We had the door closed the fan in and the windows all open. It didn’t even smell like drano. However the next day all our fish died and then the tank crashed. But the tank that is literally right outside the bathroom not even 10 ft was fine and all the fish and coral were good. Even my beta who I forgot was in the bathroom tank was fine. Was the drano the problem? Or something else?

What kind of tank, fresh, saltwater or reef?

What do you mean by crash? You mention the fish died, but what else happened to be called a crash?

What inhabitants were in the tank? What are/were the water parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, etc. BEFORE the crash?

Not trying to be rude, but without physically observing the tank, we need a LOT more info to give an educated guess.

Welcome to RC!

In addition to the above, did you do any hands on work to the tank after using the drano without washing your hands? Perhaps some got into the tank that way. I’m doubting the drano did it in unless added to the tank but I’ve been wrong before.

Back