Cynarina not opening

Michael_

I recently bought a cynarina coral (a week ago) for my 13.5gal and it has been looking great and extending all the way until yesterday. When I got home from work yesterday, I saw that my cynarina was not fully extended, and white webs were stringing from the sides of it. No skeleton skeleton showing, but it wasn't fully extended. I got home today, and it still looks the same (no white webs anymore tho)

Nothing has been changed with the water recently, and here are my params:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0
pH: 8.2
Alk: 12 dKH
Phosphate: 0.25
Salinity: 1.023

All of my other corals are doing really well, except for 1 frogspawn which has not been fully opening for about a month.

I am using a timer on my lights that shuts them off immediately with no fade at night time and turns them on immediately in the morning... Could this be my problem?

Please help me out here

Thanks

I have a couple of Cynaria that are doing well. Slow water movement, medium to low light and need some nutrient. Your water might be too clean for them. Also I would say ALK might be high. I recommend around 8-9dkh.

Frogspawn may prefer clear water, but 8-9 dkh might be prefer. Also it does not like high light. I usually put it in medium light.

Back