D.A.R.C Meeting March 31st at Freddie40's house

freddie40

LED Build :) L)

Had a big talk with Rob and Tony to put together a few meetings. We though that we'd start off with something fun. We will have a meeting at my house (17325 E Rice Cir Unit B, Aurora, 80015) on March 31st at 1pm. The subject of the meeting will be LEDs. You can see the LEDs that I have put together, ask any questions and then we will build one. Everyone will be able to help and at the end of the meeting will will raffle off the light. It will be a 4 foot Heat Sink with 12 Cree 3 watt Royal Blue LEDs, driven by a MeanWell driver (non-dimmable). It will be working before we raffle it off. At the very least you will be able to see what they look like and how easy they are to build. Please RSVP Dave at D.A.R.C@comcast.net if you are interested in coming. We have meetings set up for April and May so stay tuned.

I finally finished adding my KEDs today. There are 3 rows with a total of 40 :EDs. The middle row have 12 Cree 3 watt Royal Blue (XP-E). The front and rear rows have 7 Cool White (XP-G) and 7 Royal Blue (XP-E). There are also 4 T5 bulbs in the hood. 2 (Blue+ and Coral+) (the Front and rear bulbs) are on from 12:00PM to 2:30PM and the middle 2 (Blue+ and Coral+) are on from 2:30PM to 5:30PM. I am using TEK reflectors with the bulbs.

Here is a picture with just the LEDs:

led.jpg

Here are the LEDs with 2 of the T5s:

LEDT5.jpg

If anyone is interested I have a couple of water lilies looking for new home. They overwinter in 18"-24" of water as long as there is a bit of water movement. Dark green leaves, white flowers with a tinge of pink. I can bring them to the meeting on Saturday. Free.

Back