Dead Clownfish.

OnceTrueFalseBr

SO around 1am this morning i finally head to bed.

everything seemed fine in the tank.

Fish were swimming about, snails hanging out, etc

I was this morning 7 am ( 6 hours later) and i turn the lights on and prepare my morning feeding.

when i notce a crowd of hermit crabs behind the LR.

I look and i see one of them has an orange sliver in its claws. It was very odd. i said to myself that it couldn't be the clown in its mouth. then i look more behind the rock and see 3 other hermits ferociously feeding on the remains of my female clown. the only thing left was the tail...

Now I am trying to figure out why this happened.

Water parms are good. Temp is good and consistent. Fed twice daily which they( male & female clown) were eating.

i DO SUSPECT the emerald crab may have attacked the clown and killed it or the clown got too close and then the hermits and peppermint shrimp just started cleaning up.

is it possible that the emerald crab could kill a clown-fish just clamp on it?

i didn't see this happen, but is it possible?

First thing first, when you say "water parms are good" what does that mean. I've read numerous threads where the op states their paramters are "good" but in the end that's where the problem was. Test temp, salinity, ph, nitrate,nitrite, ammoina, alk and post them (honestly). Now if paramters aren't the issue, it's definitely possible the emerald crab could of got him. How big was the clown/emerald?

Your emerald crab did not snatch the clown and kill it. Crabs and snails are opportunistic, when something is sick or dying they will eat it. You clown must have been sick or some other underlying issue. How long have you had the clown? parameters? fluctuations?

Your emerald crab did not snatch the clown and kill it. Crabs and snails are opportunistic, when something is sick or dying they will eat it. You clown must have been sick or some other underlying issue. How long have you had the clown? parameters? fluctuations?

it died of brooklynella as the second male died that next day =/

Back