Does anyone own a GEO 618 calcium reactor?

TURKLET0N

Im thinking of purchasing a used GEO 618 calcium reactor. Does anyone here have one and if so how do you like it?

I have all of the best stuff. Brand new co2 regulator, brand new Milwaukee instruments ph controller with brand new phone probe that has been calibrated new in box and the co2 tank that is full of co2, plus a reactor that's good to 300 gallons which would be perfect for your tank size fully stocked. Plus the magnesium rock and aragonite media. Mine is ready to go nothing needed to start dosing.. reactor itself was $550 new. The controller I paid $150 for with ph probe. The co2 tank is $65 before filling it up and the co2 regulator is $150 new plus the media is $50.. that's $930 for my complete setup only thing that's no brand new is the reactor itself. I even replaced the ehiem pump a year ago and it has never run other than maybe a couple days.. also have extra media I'll throw in to top it off after you've used it a year..

after having several regulators (two stage, single stage, ...blah blah blah, I can say the carbon doser is the best. If you can work it into your system, do it. As far as a reactor, I had a Geo624 and it worked flawless. As long as the reactor is sound and has good flow it will serve you well.

In my opinion (and only my opinion), get a carbon doser, a coleparmer Peristaltic pump and monitor how ever you desire. You will have a system that is unbeatable.

Back