Election Month

Lance A. Lot

SLASH Member
I believe (someone correct me if I am wrong) that May is #election month for SLASH. That means I am supposed to start a thread for nominations. This is that thread.
We are looking to elect a new Vice President and a new Member at Large.
Just so you know what to expect here are some basic duties of BOD members:
President:
Overall responsible for all actions of the club; Primary organizer of swaps, pizza nights, and other events; Should delegate as much responsibility to other BOD members as possible but in the end, “the buck stops here.”

Vice President:
Responsible for learning the behind the scenes functions of the club in preparation to take over as President; Assists the current President with the planning and execution of club events

Treasurer:
Responsible for all things “money and membership” related; Issues membership cards and ensures financial ledger is maintained; Handles any issues relating to legal/financial paperwork and filings; Maintain as a annually renewed position to provide some continuity to the club and avoid several legal and financial issues; The outgoing President and MAL should “vote” for the current Treasurer year after year unless the Treasurer’s performance sucks or they wish to quit; The position should be backfilled by a responsible past or present board member if at all possible.

Secretary:
Described basically as a record keeper in the bylaws but in reality the Treasurer handles most of these duties; This is a general voting BOD position

Member-at-Large:
Described as a tie-breaker vote in the bylaws and little else; However, this position has developed over time to become a “new membership ambassador” of sorts

All Board Members:
The responsibilities outlined above could be delegated to any BOD if necessary. All officers should stay regularly involved with the functions of the club, voice opinions, throw out ideas, and help organize events. Many hands make light work and initiative by every officer is key to the club’s success.

Last edited:
My nominations

My nominations

Please nominate current members and tag them so they can either accept or decline the nomination.
Let's do the voting during the the 6th through the 13th. Then SLASH can maybe have our first new open BOD meeting the week after?
Yay for new people getting involved! :dance:

Nomination

Nomination

I nominate the following members:
[MENTION=297325]Pife[/MENTION] for Vice President
Pife has been a great MAL for the last year. He has kept me on top of my own VP duties with many phone calls and in person encouragement. Pife has shown true dedication to the club with his CDP overhaul. Pife has stepped up to the challenge when all others (including myself) have backed down and given up. He has many great ideas and plans for this club.
[MENTION=298044]oshanickreef[/MENTION] for Member at Large
Nick has been a generous member for a while now and has started helping with the SLASH social media accounts. I think he will do a great job in the MAL position.

Good nominations. Tim it may be a good idea to list out the positions and who is currently in that position for those that do not know.

Good nominations. Tim it may be a good idea to list out the positions and who is currently in that position for those that do not know.

President:
[MENTION=286834]kegogut[/MENTION]

Vice President:
Lance A. Lot

Treasurer:
[MENTION=113634]smoothdog[/MENTION] appointed position/ voted on by BOD?

Secretary:
[MENTION=341912]bhofosho[/MENTION] appointed position? (outgoing President selects?)

Member-at-Large:
[MENTION=297325]Pife[/MENTION]

If there are no more nominations and acceptances by the end of the week then we will not have any voting. Pife and Nick will be a part of the board.

Current 2018-2019 BOD now:
President: Lance A. Lot
Vice President: [MENTION=297325]Pife[/MENTION]
Treasurer: [MENTION=113634]smoothdog[/MENTION]
Secretary: [MENTION=341912]bhofosho[/MENTION]
Member at Large: [MENTION=298044]oshanickreef[/MENTION]

See you new officers tonight. BOD meeting at O'Fallon Brewery @ 7. Non-BOD members are always welcome to come.

45 Progress Pkwy, Maryland Heights, MO 63043

Back