Fans Fans Fans ???

jasonstr8up

I am looking to replace my 3" cooling fans in my canopy with 4" fans. The 3" fans just a'nt cuttin it. Where can I buy good 4" fans online? Anyone know a good website to buy them. What are things I need to look for when I buy them? I have a chiller; I'm just trying to cut down the amount of time the chiller runs.

I got mine at Comp USA, very cheap. I then went to Radio Shack and picked up 2 variable transformers. they have settings for the output voltage like 3, 6, 7.5, 9, 12, I run all 4 of mine on the 6v setting and they are wisper quiet.

Cool... thanks. I have a compusa right around the corner. What fan did you get. I was told I should get the ball baring fans??
Do I need (1) adapter for each fan, or can two fans run on one ac adapter?

I am at work not so this may not be exact, but the transformer that is the variable speed is 2500ma (milliamp) from radio shack this will run at least 3 of those ( I think). However I use 1 transformer for 2 fans so they are on seperate circuits. I have my ACIII setup to turn each set on independantly of each other based on the temp.

Well I bought the Icecap 4" fans w/ temp sensor . They are awesome. I can't even hear them at full speed. They can really push some air. I don't know how I put up with the NOISE:mad2: from my Orion fans for 3 yrs. If anyone is looking for a quiet super fan then go out and get the Icecap's. My chiller runs half the amount now. :thumbsup:

Thanks Bebo77 ;)

Oh if anyone is looking to buy anything from Bebo77...man this guy knows how to ship. I ordered the fans Wed late in the day and got them buy noon Thursday. He is in LA and I am in FL. Thatââ"šÂ¬Ã¢"žÂ¢s how you do business.
:cool:

Glad to hear they are quiet and work good. My 4" temp sensor IC fans should be here early next week.

Wow.. Great prices. I want to try installing a fan above my sump. I might try one. Is a lot cheaper to run a fan then my chiller. But I still love the Icecap's. Sooooooo quiet now the wife can't complain any more. exept the noise from the chiller.:lol:

I really like Panaflo computer fans. Super quiet and last a very long time.

You can get a 120mm Panaflo that will move 70 cfm @ only 30 dBA. Uses like 2w.
Those run about $15 a piece online. Then a DC converter from radio shack and your all set.
I run mine on the same timer as the MH lights so the kick on and off when the lights do.

Back