Fish question: Springer's Damsel and Six-line Wrasse

ReefWhatYouSow

So I'm well aware of the attitudes of the six-line wrasse and Springer's damsel but I was wondering if anyone knows of them being kept together.

I'm looking to add both at the same time as my last fish in the frag tank. The tank is 30gals and connects to my 210 display plus sump and fuge. Currently housing a lawnmower blenny and two platinum clowns in the frag tank.

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated but I can't wait to hear if someone has done this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be worried about a fish jumping out from chasing, but I think you'd be ok. The good news is if it doesn't work out you can just move the damsel to your main tank if you want.

I would be worried about a fish jumping out from chasing, but I think you'd be ok. The good news is if it doesn't work out you can just move the damsel to your main tank if you want.

Very true. Right now in my display are more of my less aggressive fish. I'm still looking to add possibly a few more wrasse, a female Cardinal, some anthias, and some tangs. Do you think the damsel will be fine going into the display before these fish?

Yes, chrisyptera genus damsels are far more friendly, especially in larger systems. I added several anthias to my main tank with probably 25 chrisyptera sp damsels and had no issues. The six line I would be more concerned with, which is why I'd keep it in the frag tank no matter what.

Yes, chrisyptera genus damsels are far more friendly, especially in larger systems. I added several anthias to my main tank with probably 25 chrisyptera sp damsels and had no issues. The six line I would be more concerned with, which is why I'd keep it in the frag tank no matter what.

Cool. I'm glad you've had some major experience with them. How big is the tank you had all of those in?

360 gallons

Makes good sense lol... Unless someone chimes in with good reason not to try this I'm going for it, and I'll let everyone know how it goes. I've found a couple shops with the Springer's Damsel but nobody with a six-line at the time.

If anyone knows of someone with both, please let me know!

Cole had a 6line at Sea Life last week. I was in there today but didn't look for it. I did see that he had a 4line today, which as I understand are more docile. I got my 6line from creative three weeks ago

Cole had a 6line at Sea Life last week. I was in there today but didn't look for it. I did see that he had a 4line today, which as I understand are more docile. I got my 6line from creative three weeks ago

I'll have to call over there. I talked to someone at Creative today and they had the damsels but no six line. Same for some other stores. It seems like they go fast once they come in.

Well I just put them both in and try are being good little guys for the time being. I'll keep everyone updated on how they do!

I ended up getting the Springer's at Drysdale's and the Sixline at Creative Aquariums. Drysdale's has a few other Springer's as well as Sixlines if you want a one stop shop.

So far mine have not bothered each other or anyone else at all. The Springer's was a little shy at first but is now out and about as much as the sixline.

Back