FL Frag Swap No Mosi

Nola Bear

Did I read correctly that the fl swap is not going to be at mosi this year but somewhere out in Lakeland?

If so, :mad:

Yep. I just got this from their FB page. They will be out in Lakeland. I don't know if they will let this picture stand here because of one of the sponsors, but here goes nothing.

21617656_1538404426206430_9064055080452710840_n.jpg

I am bummed about this. I thought Mosi was a great venue. I’m definitely not gonna drive out to Lakeland, or at least I don’t think I will.

Yeah. I'm in the same boat. I went last year and got some nice corals, but I'm not driving to Lakeland to get corals.

I am bummed about this. I thought Mosi was a great venue. I'm definitely not gonna drive out to Lakeland, or at least I don't think I will.

MOSI is temporarily closed and is scheduled to reopen in a couple weeks after having much of their space closed and the rest redesigned. That mighr impact their ability to host events like this and could be the reason for the move. Although that is strictly a guess on my part.

That is a good guess. I didn't think about that either.

MOSI is temporarily closed and is scheduled to reopen in a couple weeks after having much of their space closed and the rest redesigned. That mighr impact their ability to host events like this and could be the reason for the move. Although that is strictly a guess on my part.

Lakeland seems like a good place to atract pinellas to Orlando people. I wouldn't dig my heals in and not go for an extra 15 minute drive.

Lakeland seems like a good place to atract pinellas to Orlando people. I wouldn't dig my heals in and not go for an extra 15 minute drive.

While I agree with your point, Lakeland is lot more than an extra 15 minute drive from MOSI for most people in this area.

I live in Orlando n drive to Lakeland every day for work. Drive is no fun but I will try to b there. My job doesn't believe in allowing you to have a life lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right Postal, I thought it was closer but even at 35 minutes its not ideal but hopefully the new venue allows the show to grow.

My biggest concern with the distance is if something were to happen to me or the car on the way back, chances are that all the corals would die while I wait. With Mosi, I would be 5 minutes away from home. I know that would not be the case for everyone, but that is just my concern.

On the other hand, these corals go through a lot more that this on the way to the event and even from the sea to the store, so... I'm not sure this should be a concern. :)

If coral can survive overnight shipping to my home, they can survive an hour waiting for someone to come "rescue" them if my vehicle breaks down. ;)

The middle road between tampa and orlando is a solid point, and i am not calling for a boycott. I just know that with two very young children and a wife that is not all that supportive of this hobby, it is a hard sell for a weekend excursion. I hope that show stays around for sure, but I also hope that it comes back to mosi because I think it is a pretty awesome venue. I could take the kids to the museum or even possibly check out an imax, etc.

Mosi will be closing the larger main building where the convention was held for good and it will be given back to the city of Tampa. When they reopen it will only be the kids in charge section located on the west side of the building. Within the next couple years they will be relocating to the downtown area.

Back