For all the Amquel/prime addicts...

There is a discussion goign on about this in one of the forums, dont remember which one though, such just doa search.

That stuff looks interesting Ed, thanks for the link. When my new system is up and running, I hope I won't need it.

Does it really matter? I use Amquel because it is readily available and seems to do the job. I know I can get Prime, Cloram-X or the AES equivilent but I don't know why I would? Is one any better than the other? If so why?? For that matter what about all the lesser name brands of declorinator? My suspicion is that they all use the same "active ingredients", not true?

not entirely, as I understand it, there are 2 main types of ingredients the one that is used by amquel and cloram-x and that used by prime and a few others, the type prime uses can be a problem when its allowed to build up, and under certain circumstances can significantly reduce O2, the advances of different ones like amquel vs cloram-x are other ingredients like buffers and such.

this stuff ive never heard of :D until now.

It seems it is new and it should work different, europeans i talked about yesterday claim the ones for nitrates and Po4 are amazing.

It is not sold here, but there is a guy I contacted , is trying to inport it.

I personally don't use any of them.

Ed

the type prime uses can be a problem when its allowed to build up, and under certain circumstances can significantly reduce O2, the advances of different ones like amquel vs cloram-x are other ingredients like buffers and such.

Hmmm. CAN reduce O2 or DOES? Might be worth testing.

DOES BUT ....

its one of those things where if it doesnt have enough of A, itll use B then C and one of those C's or ... is O2

its kinda sorta been documented, no need to test for it, just search somewhere :rolleyes: might try chem fourm boomer is good at such things.

Back