Frag rack

You can make one from magnetic frag plugs and egg crate. I think Sealife has magnetic frag plugs, I bought a couple awhile back for like $1.50 a piece.

Yea I would advise building one to suit you as well. It may not look as clean but may fit the application you need it for better. I bought one of the clear corner Eshopps frag racks and while it certainly looks nice, it's not that sturdy, a coulpe of times my hand brushed it and all my frags tumbled to the sand. Not to mention many frag plugs don't fit in the holes, I then bought Eshopps frag plugs and some of THOSE didn't fit!

Yea I would advise building one to suit you as well. It may not look as clean but may fit the application you need it for better. I bought one of the clear corner Eshopps frag racks and while it certainly looks nice, it's not that sturdy, a coulpe of times my hand brushed it and all my frags tumbled to the sand. Not to mention many frag plugs don't fit in the holes, I then bought Eshopps frag plugs and some of THOSE didn't fit!

The weakest link on the Eshopps are the magnets. They are very weak. And the interior magnet, sealed in acrylic, seems to get wet anyway and rusts extensively. I cut away the acrylic holding the rusted interior magnets and used the magnets from an old sure flow maxijet mod. Much much better.

Last edited:
I know it's not a lfs, but I have a handful of these. Really sturdy and they look good. They ship from just North of Tampa so you get them Usps in two days. Other good ones to be had, but I mention these because you can get them fast.

http://captainsalty.com/product-category/straight-frag-racks/

Captain Salty sells on eBay, I have several. I think they are in Ocala. The magnets are OK and have a coating over them. The interior coated magnets are glued to the acrylic. They are pretty strong, but I have had some where the coating ripped where they are glued.

One really great thing about Capt Salty, is the you can ask for additional magnets on the frag rack. They will happily accommodate and you pay for the additional magnets, something like $2.50-$3.00 per magnet.

Thanks guys I ended up heading over to sea life and getting some egg crate and veg clips to mAke one

Just FYI, be careful with the Veg Clips. I've heard of some of those not being sealed correctly and rusting, which can and will kill your corals.

Just make sure you check them occasionally. I decided to make my own magnets sealed in acrylic or liquid epoxy to avoid this issue.

Back