FS: Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemone | Will Ship

FS: Rainbow Bubble Tip Anemone 4" - 5" $65 7" - 8" $80 (+ Shipping if applicable)

These have been growing under a combo of T5s & Halides, I have a few very small ones you can see in the photos, going to let them grow out a little more, just trying to get rid of the big ones. Photos were taken under a mix of T5s & a Kessil A160. I am in the Bay Area for local pick up (San Ramon) or can ship overnight using UPS air. Items will ship out on the following Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

Ships using 1" thick polystyrene U-line box, shredded corrugated paper for insulation, heat packs & cold packs (depending on weather forecast).

RBTA ULTRA 2.png

RBTA 1.png

RBTA 3.png

Last edited:
Nice nems! Any tips or secrets for getting BTA to actually have bubbles?
Thank you! I wish I knew lol, I have had nems bubble under every condition imaginable: T5's, Halides, Kessils, Radions, AI's, low flow, high flow, low nutrient, high nutrient waters, low light intensity, high light intensity. I will say though any BTA's you purchase just make sure they already have prominent bubbles.

They just had an article on reefbuilders about this. The relevant excerpt:

"The bubbles themselves are an interesting point of contention among aquarists as many captive bubble tips either develop few or no bubbles at all, in stark comparison to pictures of anemones displaying hundreds of them in the wild. Some sources say that this is down to if the anemone is hosting a clownfish or not, the water depth, and the amount of light that it is exposed to, with those in shallow, brightly lit natural waters exhibiting the most bubbles and those in dimly lit water exhibiting none, with long, more usual looking tentacles instead. If this is true then most of us are keeping our “nems” in dimly lit aquaria by comparison, as few Bubble tips display many bubbles in the aquarium. But that doesn’t stop them from thriving."

The indomitable Red Bubble Tip Anemone | Reef Builders | The Reef and Saltwater Aquarium Blog

Boggles my mind as well as my tank had RBTAs that were identical which one mother had bubbles and one mother did not. The one without bubbles split a few times and some had bubbles and some were straight as an arrow. LOL

Anywho, great looking RBTAs!

Back