Getting back into the hobby after a 2 year break

lightdir71

Hello everyone!:wavehand:
I am getting back into the hobby after leaving unexpectedly about 2 years ago.
The 100 gallon water heater in the attic let go and flooded the house. I had to tear the tank down to get the house fixed and decided to sell the tank instead of setting it back up. The last tank was 150 gallon tank with 40 gallon sump/ref.
I am looking at picking up the Red Sea Reefer 170 Deluxe. The downside is I now still have all this equipment i can not use i think? any help would be awesome:thumbsup:. I think pretty much the only thing reusable is 5017 water level controller. Maybe the skimmer and powerheads/controller as well. All the equipment is still working and usable. but maybe not in tank so small.

here is what i have still.

2 - 250 watt MH fixtures, 1 ballast
1 - 4' 4 bulb t-5 fixture
2 - Turbo Sea 1090 external pumps
1 - tunze 5017 water level controller
1 - tunze 7095 controller
1 - tunze 7096 controller
1 - tunze 6000 powerhead
1 - tunze 6105 powerhead
1 - Super Reef Octopus XP-2000 in sump skimmer

thanks in advance.

You should be able to use all that equipment if it's still in working order. Are you going to setup a sump again? Try and salvage as much of your equipment. Could save you s pretty penny on start up costs.

Sell what you don't use..
Most of that you won't/can't use as the tank you are buying already comes with lights and pumps and ATO,etc.. a 4ft light fixture is going to look stooopid over a 2ft tank..

But thats why there is craigslist..
And if you keep posting here you will have access to the for sale section here.. (think you need 50 post though)

Back