Getting back into the hobby

Lerch Knives

Hi everyone. I have had 2 different reef tanks over the last 15yrs. I have recently decided to get my Red Sea Max 34gal going again. I put the tank up about 8yrs ago and I back then I was fairly active on the forum. As per suggestions on the forum if I remember correctly I replaced the "œbio media" in the back of the tank with more live sand, not sure what all I had done. Anyway here is the tank fairly cleaned up I'm open to any and all suggestions as to how to get it started again. Looking to take my time and do things right this time Going to be a small fish and invertebrates tank with some corals and a lot of live rock and deep sand bed. Any suggestions will be great. Also is there anyway to fill or fix scratches in acrylic? I have pics but can't figure out how to post them from phone

Thanks
Lerch

Trying to use Tapatalk to post pics
8a8b0ac92eeb861438a1371c75680e0e.jpg

2c0fc3806499427d248daaabbbd86c72.jpg

Overall view and the scratching
f916e667baf226e20cc205e9d2e92697.jpg

Storage underneath
d18d524d02ea3cfaaeeee0aaf4b41df8.jpg

Water movement equipment
b334a79faa1762da92c4d3c41d06db66.jpg

And a small crack on the bottom plastic corner. Nothing on glass so should be okay right ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you can repair the scratches in your acrylic tank. Google it. Basically, it's using finer and finer grit sandpaper.

You are correct it is glass, I was wrong and thank ya. Does anyone have any opinions on the slightly cracked outer plastic rim being safe ? I plan on doing a fresh water fill just to make sure

Yeah no way to say usually rimmed tanks have thinner glass because of the bracing and rimless have to be a lot thicker to support the weight. I'd do a leak test and check the silicone well
I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back