Ghost eel in a reef?

jaylensdad06

I posted earlier that I'm getting rid of a tank. I really like the ghost eel and would like to keep him.what kind of success has any 1 had keeping eels in a reef. Particularly ribbon eels. I have some expensive shrimp in there I'd rather not lose....even tho the shrimp are 3 times the size of his head. A cleaner shrimp. A blood fire and a coral banded. Plus a cleaner wrasse. I know each situation is different but just curious as to every 1s experiences.

Eal

Eal

If not fed well. It will eat shrimps. I was going to respond I can take him if you want a good home. Ribbon eels don't last long in this hobby. I have a 330 in there are no shrimps.

I have a zebra eel in my tank. For the most part he doesn't swim around much, he stays in his corner and only comes out when I turn the power heads off cause he knows it means feeding time.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I have a zebra eel in my tank. For the most part he doesn't swim around much, he stays in his corner and only comes out when I turn the power heads off cause he knows it means feeding time.

You have one in a reef??
I cant imagine my zebra in a reef tank..At night he swims around like a lunatic hitting everything...I can only imagine what a tank full of acro colonies would look like after a night with him....Frags anyone? :lol:

You have one in a reef??
I cant imagine my zebra in a reef tank..At night he swims around like a lunatic hitting everything...I can only imagine what a tank full of acro colonies would look like after a night with him....Frags anyone? [emoji38]
Ya only coral he ever really damaged was a birdsnest. But then again my sps werent full colonies either.

Back