Greg Hiller Frags

here is a copy of an email I received-

Sorry for the slow reply. I'll post a list below of what I have at the moment. I'll also post some photos on the LIRA web site (just got my forum membership). There are also of course photos on my web site www.greghiller.com.

- Greg Hiller

Here's the current list:

Colorful, tank-raised SPS, LPS, soft corals, and reef-safe tank-raised detritivores for sale - wide variety - will ship

Frags/small colonies of colorful, tank-raised corals for sale, unless otherwise noted, all encrusted down onto the substrate, and actively growing. I use small concrete disks for substrate. See the NEW web site (updated June 2008) www.greghiller.com for photos of the mother colonies and detailed descriptions of growth patterns, colors under different lighting conditions, origin of mother colony (if known), and generalized care. All of these are from MY OWN tanks, some have been in tanks for multiple generations, most for several years.

SPS:

Acropora (all my Acropora are red-mite [parasite] free, for more info on these buggers see my article in the June, '03 edition of the on-line magazine Advanced Aquarist http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/june2003/toc.htm), my Acropora are also free of flatworm parasites, I very rarely bring new corals into my system(s):

The 'Blueberry' Acro - aka the Dr. Mac Acro - or the blue-highlighted coralites Acropora - very fast growth, very hardy - this is super bright nearly solid blue/aqua under 400 W 10K bulbs, looks REALLY fantastic under a 14 or 20 K bulb - 1" frags $30/ea

The 'Palau' Acro. A TRUE tri-color Acro. Encrusts green, coralites on branches are pink, tips are blue. $25 for a 1-2" frag.

Long branched solid Aqua staghorn (MAccardi Acro) Acropora, has very long branches with an open structure - very fast growing, and nice color under strong lighting - 2" frags - $25 each

Green with blue tips staghorn Acropora - looks similar to MAccardi Acro, though thinner branched, faster growing and a bit more blue (the branch color under very intense light) than aqua in color - $20 for a 2" frag, $30 for a 2-3" frag - might not be encrusted

Purple/Blue Acropora tortuosa - $30 for a 1-2" frag, $40 for a 2-3" frag

Purple tip, green polyped Acropora - slow growing - $25 for a 2" frag, $35 for a 2-3" multibranch frag

Aqua with blue tips table top Acro (THE 'Aqua Delight') - very fast growth - 1-2" frags - $25/ea

Larry Jackson's purple-tipped Acro. - 2" frags available, $20/ea, also monster chunks available ~3 inches with 15+ branches $40 - the large pieces will not be mounted

Purple-tipped Acro. with fine branches (originally from the New England Aquarium reef tank) - 1-2" frags $10/ea, 2-3", multi-branch colony for $30

NEW A. tenuis - pastel blue highlighted - grows as a bushy colony (no photo on web site) - 1-2" frags - $30
you might be able to view this photo:

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/album.php?albumid=51&pictureid=333

Bec's lavender pillow Acropora sp. (no photo on web site) - 1-2" frags - $25 - you might be able to view this photo:

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/album.php?albumid=51&pictureid=335

Blue-tipped, 'hairy'-polyped long-branched Acro, A. abrolhosensis? - 2" frags - $20/ea - these might be fresh frags

Yellow branching/encrusting Porities (might be Porities cylindrica) - 1-2" frags $25

Pink Stylophora - needs STRONG light to stay pink - 1-2" - $15/ea

Blue ridge coral - Heliopora (brown, but has beautiful large white polyps that extend) - 1-2" frags - $15 - available

Montipora (free of the Montipora eating nudibranch, the Montipora eating flatworms, and the black Montipora bugs!):

Bright green M. digitata - 2" frags - $15/ea - available but will be fresh frags

Teal polyped M. digitata - 1-2" frags - $20 each - fresh frags only at this time

Bright purple color morph of M. digitata available (need strong lighting, at least 250 W MH to stay bright purple) - $25 for a 1-2" frag

Bright orange M. digitata (these are nearly pink) - 2" frags, $17/ea

Bright orange M. capricornis (probably actually M. delicata or M. foliosa) - forms beautiful whorled structure, grows VERY fast even under moderate lighting - 2" frags - $20/ea

Purple rim, pale green tissue with bright purple polyps M. cap (Looks nearly identical to Tyree's Limited Edition - Montipora sp.Flower Petal Polyps) - 1-2" frags - $25

Purple M. capricornis (also may be M. delicata or M. foliosa) - the polyps are bright purple and the tissue is a less intense purple, grows fast under moderate or strong lighting, looks fantastic under 20K bulb - $20 for a 2" piece

Super bright green Montipora aequituberculata (forms whorls like M. cap), believed to be the same as the Limited Edition Steve Tyree - 2" frags - $25

Green/tan tissue with large green polyps M. hispida. Standard growth form for M. hispida, whorling, with column style branches that come straight out and up around the edge of the plate. Under some conditions can have a purple base with green polyps. $15 for a 2" frag

Green M. stellata - branching form similar to M. digitata, but with more intricate surface structure - 2" fresh frags - $15

Green M. palawanensis? (similar in stucture to M. caps, but usually grows as a single, thick, whorl, nearly a perfect circle) - I am the original source from which Steve Tyree got his frag of this - green with blue polyps under 400 W 10K Ushio bulb and also under 400 W 20 K Radium bulb - 1-2" frags - $25 available

M. undata - Green with purple rim and large prominant green polyps - grows into a near perfect circular colony, eventually forming extra 'layers' - $30 for a 1/2" diameter fragment - this is a coral to behold!!

New Encrusting Montiporas:

The 'Rainbow' Montipora (likely Montipora danae) - 3/4" square fresh cut frags $30 each

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/album.php?albumid=51&pictureid=840

The 'Superman' Montipora (likely Montipora danae) - $1/2" square pieces $30.

The 'Sunset' Montipora (likely Montipora danae) (not sure I have a good photo of this yet, but it is the 'standard' sunset Montipora, super bright orange with green polyps) - 3/4" square, $30

Soft corals/zoanthids:

Silver pulsing Xenia - 2-3" high colonies - $15

Orange eyed olive green Zoanthid colonies - minimum 20 polyps - $15

Anthelia - $12 for small colony (2x2 inch piece) - this is like Xenia, but does not pulse, grows as a mat, and tends to have much larger polyps that 'blow in the wind' - will put you to sleep, watching the tank! -

New: Sanjay's Rare Efflatounaria - purple base (best color from reflected light, actinic also brings out the purple) - looks similar to Xenia, but does not pulse, does well under moderate to strong lighting, under strong lighting polyps turn yellow - $30 for a 1-2" piece

Yellow colonial polyps (bright yellow, like tiny coral flowers) - $20 for a colony - minimum of 25 polyps

Solomon Islands brown mushroom leather coral - most beautiful mushroom leather I've ever seen, zillions of extremely long polyps burst from the surface (check out the photo of this one on the web site!!), clownfish love to wallow in it - easy to propagate - lighter brown, almost yellow compared to many leathers - $20 for a frag with a 2 inch diameter head - many nice colonies ready at this time

Thick branched Caribbean gorgonian with purple tissue - $15 for an encrusted piece with few small branches - sold out

Thick branched likely Indo-Pacific gorgonian - $20 for a 3-4" multi-branched piece - will have to be fresh cut and will require 2-3 weeks to encrust in my hands before shipping, so plan ahead!

Thin branched, likely Indo-Pacific gorgonian available - 3-4" with a many branches - $20 - sold out

Screaming green tree coral (brighter green, but slower growing and encrusting than many green tree corals, likely Sinularia though possibly Nephthea), under many conditions this coral does not fully extend its polyps, but is still healthy - $25 for a 2", $35 for a 3" colony - meny nice colonies available at this time

Greenish Clavularia - clove polyps - looks like little snowflakes - 1" diameter covered colonies - $15 - sold out

New! Liam's Papaya Clove polyps (Clavularia) - two toned, green centers with irridecent gold tips - $5 per polyp, 5 polyp minimum - sold out

Neon Green star polyps (Briareum) - 2" diameter colonies - $20/ea

New - Green polyped mushroom leather - $25 for a 2" frag

New - Green polyped finger leather - $20 for a 2-3" frag - fast growing and hardy

Anemones:

Green with pink tips tiny anemone - very pretty, reproduces quickly, grows no larger than the size of a nickel - great for a nano tank, but it might get out of control (consider carefully the addition to your tank) - $10 for a rock with 2-3 anemones attached

Green with pink centers mini carpet anemones (likely can sting small fish, they certainly sting my arms!) - max size is about 2" diameter - $5 each

Rose bubble tip (E. quadricolor) anemones - 2" diameter - $70 - sold out

LPS:

Green-centered Caulastrea - trumpet coral 3-4 polyps - does well under moderate to strong lighting - $20

Solid pale green Caulastrea - trumpet coral - 2-3 polyps - does well under moderate to strong lighting - $20

Green with white tips branching Torch coral (Euphyllia glabrescens) - 1 - 2 polyps will expand 2-4" - $20 - sold out

Green (translucent) with white tips branching Frogspawn coral (Euphyllia divisa) - 1 - 2 polyps will expand 2-4" - $20 -
Pale green Euphyllia panancora (green hammer coral) - 2" when expanded - $15 - 2 available

New - deep green and purple Euphyllia panancora (hammer coral) - 2" when expanded - $25 - sold out

Algae Cultures

Grape Caulerpa (Caulerpa racemosa) - $5 for a bag's worth - good for refugia - available, but will be whatever I can pluck out.

Detritivores:

I sell them for the price of the trouble it takes for me to fish them out and bag them for you. They reproduce naturally in all my tanks, and none of them are harmful to corals or fish. These are all small critters, so shipping cost on them is very small. Get them into your tanks and they should reproduce. None of the cultures I send you will have the EVIL red flatworms!

- dwarf white (5 arm) or brown (six arm, and VERY brittle) brittle stars (max size is 1 1/2 inch arm to arm), two species (I won't guarantee I'll always have some of each, depends what I find when I'm fishing) 12/$5
- Gammarus amphipods - if you have live rock you probably already have them in your tank, but I'll be happy to sell you more! - 12/$5
- Bristle worms (this species does not harm corals, Eurythoe spp.). 12/$5

I also sell hermit crab houses, empty snail shells I pick up at the beach, and sterilize by roasting in my toaster oven! - $5 for two dozen of various sizes (1/4" to 3/4" diameter)

E-mail me at corals@greghiller.com

- Greg Hiller

Back