Hanna alkalinity reagent recall

I'll never trust a color meter on a test that should be determined by titration. Good ol' salifert test kits for me on alk and calcium

Well, apparently it's spread over quite a time period. Because I have one with exp date of 9/16 and 4/17 and both are affected. Good luck! Hopefully new ones are getting mailed in the next few weeks.:sad2:

Both mine were bad batches, I got them from faois a few months ago. They read the same as my api kits though, still sent in for free reagent though ;)

So does mine but it is supposed to go bad overt time reacting with the lid or seal after opened.
If they say they are bad I am getting new ones. Sent in my form this morning.

So does mine but it is supposed to go bad overt time reacting with the lid or seal after opened.
If they say they are bad I am getting new ones. Sent in my form this morning.

Yeah I submitted the form about a week back ago as well.

Don't assume the new reagent they send to you is good, double check it vs. the site. I received my replacement today and the website is saying the lot number is bad and needs replacement.

Anyone want to buy a Hanna Alk checker...

I called and spoke with Hanna and they advised that it's good as long as the "green passed" seal is on the main box. I do have that sticker so I guess it's good.

I'm looking at the caps and nothing is different, at least to the eye that is. I'll be checking vs. another kit for a while still.

A good friend of mine told me about this after I was getting crazy low alk readings. I was dosing reef carbonate to raise my alk. I checked mine and it does need to be replaced. I bought a Lamottes test per his recommendation. I tested and my alk is at 10.36!! No wonder my Sps are goin nuts!

Back