Hello

Donstuprich

Like to pop in and say hello. I work with FD and he said I should check this place out. I've had my tank for about a month now. I'm still cycling, which I think is due to my small amount of live rock. This is my setup:

55 like the ones they sold at the bx
2x 6700k 15w lights replaced with acentics from petbox
a sea clone 125 with a mag12
2x penguin 660s
and a kotbuki 55 canister from petbox

I know some of the things I have are inadequite to host corals, much less some fish. But that is in the process of changing. I'm also looking at turning a 39 I have into a sump/fuge.

As far as livestock:
3 snails that turned into 6
A few feather dusters
2 or 3 brittle stars
About 6 hermits
A clam/oyster of some sort that hitched on some LR from petbox.
and a couple of these: bonellid chiuran Worm

I'll post pictures later. I hope I can pick your brains for some good iinsght.

Last edited:
Thanks... it's on one of those rod iron rickety aquarium stands they sold as well. I hope it will hold under the pressure of two tanks :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7456505#post7456505 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Donstuprich
Thanks... it's on one of those rod iron rickety aquarium stands they sold as well. I hope it will hold under the pressure of two tanks :)

Take a look at FD's stand. That is one of my creations. If need be, we can create one for you too... Just let me know.

Take a look at FD's stand. That is one of my creations. If need be, we can create one for you too... Just let me know.

Thanks for the offer. might take you up on it in the near future!

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Heres a couple pcs of my tank btw:

Tank.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

Is that a seaclone skimmer??? If so, Let me show you how to supercharge that thing. My seaclone skims better than my urchin.

sea clone

sea clone

That would be awesome. that seaclone does pretty good. of course i don't have anything to compare it to :). If you have the means to make it better. Sounds good to me! Send me a pm.

I found that if I slow the flow down and increase the bubble power with a ceramic stone and high power air pump, I can skim the crap out of it literally. It works. We will have to get together sometime and I will show you what I did to mine.

Only in the skimmer which is what you want. Very few bubbles make it into your tank. we might have to cut the inner tube down a bit too to help. It's better to see it in person.

With a ceramic stone, Never needs to be changed. but you will need to completely clean out hte collection cup every couple days to keep it skimming in top performance.

Back