Help, issues with wiring computer fans in light

100%hydrophylic

Hello,

I have three similar computer fans that im trying to wire using one 12v ac to dc 1.5amp power converter.

Two of these
Specs for one:
Rated voltage: 12vdc
Rated power: 1.68W
Rated current: 0.14A

One of of these
Specs for second:
Rated voltage: 12Vdc
Started Voltage (not sure what this is): 9vdc
Rated current: 0.2A
Power input: 2.4W

Ive wired fans togethrr before without problems, but this time when I pluged it in, the second one burnt out in a small poof of smoke but the othertwo run just fine. Can someone explain to me why this happened, or did I buy a defective fan, and should I go exchange it for a new one?

The second one

Depends on how you wired them, can you give a bit more information. Also what fan burnt out the .14A or .2A

The .2A burnt out. Each fan has 3 wires. The positive and negative black and red wires, and the yellow/white one that sends signal to the computer about how fast its spinning. I dont use that yellow wire. All I did was solder all the black wire ends together, solder all the red wires together, then attach those to my dc adaptor. This has worked before, so idk whats up

If you wired them in parallel and didn't get the +ve and -ve the wrong way round, it should have been fine.

The start voltage is probably the minimum voltage the fan requires to actually start. You can usually drop the voltage lower once spinning if you want to slow/quieten it down, but won't start up without that much.

Tim

Back