Help with Rose Bubble Tip Anemone

DozNug

Hi there,

We have had our RBTA for a month now. It was doing really well, didn't move and was inflated, looked nice. Was eating good.

Now for the last four days it has been moving around with it's foot being inflated the whole time, just wouldn't settle. It has finally attached to this rock but I'm noticing it's base is very marbley looking. I didn't see this before now, but it was also under a rock crevice when it was looking happy.

While it was on the move, it's tentacles never deflated, it always had nice bubbles. But just seemed like odd behaviour moving for four days. Is this normal anemone behaviour?

Last time I fed it a small piece of shrimp was five days ago. Should I try and feed it tonight or should I wait and see what it does?

This is my first anemone so I am very inexperienced with this.

Any input would be helpful.

I'm running LED's.
Nitrate is less than 5 ppm
Nitrite is 0
Ammonia is 0

2e1fb731ae8d186b9347a7f697ac5e6b.jpg
0fb45e2ddf2862acc0414711b853bd81.jpg
24f0f429ec7e484e4d0d1d95d29cb266.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your nem looks OK. Moving is a sign of water problems. Do a water change. Put in an air stone and the nem will go down stream to the bubble source.

Also don't feed. Nems can go for weeks without food but excess can cause increase in NH3 which really bothers them. You cannot detect the level that bothers them with any kit.

I suggest that you leave it alone. Don't feed it. Let it settle down. It will move to a position and then settle in.

Once it is settled in its spot, then feed a small piece of mysis shrimp or some brine shrimp. But do it once a week/every other week. You don't have to feed them unless you want them to grow and get big.

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I actually didn't even know power head covers existed! Very smart though, I'll look into one, I don't want the RBTA to accidentally get shredded. It looks much happier today, more bubbly.

We did a water change the day before I posted this. Maybe now it is happier. I'm used to worrying about everything in the tank, so it's nice to hear that it looks okay.

I think I will wait to feed it like a few of you mentioned, while we do want it to grow bigger. I don't want to over feed it and make it more unhappy.

Thank you again!
7f690f334fe2e5dc0cbca95c5395f92b.jpg

bubbled up are not always a sign of happiness, I have some that never bubble up and have had them now for years, anchored in one place, seems my ones not in direct flow bobble and the ones that live in some flow have straight tentacles

Back