Hi All, 650 gal display tank 15 foot

minalo1

Need some ideas on new project:
117708Resized_HPIM0603.jpg

And a new reef using eco-system and sunlight chimneys, that the idea, could do with a good plan first suggestions on moving, then the hard work, keeping soft and hard corals would dearly love moorish idol, but, then again think there better off in natural enviroment, going with Zero impact tank so your thoughts please! yep it is acrylic. A Big tank 180" x 40" x 27", that right 15 Foot acrylic.

Just a quick note:

180 inches x 40 inches x 27 inches = roughly 840 gals, not 650. :)

I am not sure that I understand your questions. Could you be a little more specific?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6812716#post6812716 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Johnsteph10
Just a quick note:

180 inches x 40 inches x 27 inches = roughly 840 gals, not 650. :)

I believe they are UK gallons. Minalo, one thing that I learned the hard way, the three B's: "Beginning? Buy best!"

15 Foot

15 Foot

Yep uk gallons, and the help and advice I'm after regarding flow rates and sizing pumps, looking to set up two plastic eco-sumps to deal with volume of water also by having two units if a pump failure occurs then other system would prevent system collapse.
Also landscaping, as just to throw another ball in the air I dont believe in drilling tanks (had one crack, murphys law not there at the time, 6x2x2 a mess!) so options on landscaping is very important as main interest is corals so flows through tank and removal of detrius with ease as I dont mind spending a couple of hours cleaning but got to earn a bob or two also!
The moving and handling suggestion part is because the tank is still with previous owner and arrangements are underway to have tank transported to my home, have moved glass tanks previously but some do's and don'ts on moving acrylic tanks would be helpful;

Back