Hi I am new to this forum and was asked to post a thread for my tank

Tritons trident

As this would be a fairly new setup, I guess this is a way to track and share progress?

Well to start I have a 180 for the main tank
and a 50? for the Refug\sump

I have three reefs in it set back a bit using Fiji rock about 250 pounds worth I think.

with sand open areas in front and between. Sand bed is about 5 inches deep

I lights are not that great they are 3 MH 250w running Hamilton? bulbs think they are 14k and 1 bat wing cheep in the middle and 2 octagon pendant type?

I have four banks of T5 bulbs atenic? purple coralife 10 dollar Jobie's.
I am using one external Dolphin about 6000 gals and I am guessing as I do not remember but thing due to head pressure and such it pushing like 4000
for the circ from sump to dump
I have another one called Little? something that pushes about 4000 for the circ in the upper tank looped.

Then I have 4 Maxi jet 1200 pros to help out and one old school Korellia? I do not care to much for the new gen type they seem to be a bit on the weak side and tend to back spin every time the power was disrupted, I do not know why this is but for the Price the Maxi jets are way more bang for your but I think the only deal is getting around the suction cup issue I used Zip Ties as I didn't want to loose a limb buying the Magnetic bases for them any help on a better way to secure these Maxi jets would be awesome if you gentlemen or ladies have figured this part out?

Anyway I have a few fish in there mostly stuff that would support the reef.
and a black cap Jaw fish :) I couldn't resist

Oh yeah I had to get a chiller as the fans I had in there didn't do enough.
I think that about it
I do have a protein skimmer and a couple of Phos reactors one for Media and the other for carbon.

So this is kind of where I am at.

Last edited:
Back