Holiday Gift Pack Giveaway - Enter by December 18th for a chance to win!

techdiver

We are giving away a Holiday Gift pack donated by Ocean Nutrition / San Francisco Bay.

IMG_5183.jpg

This package includes:

• Prime Reef Flakes by Ocean Nutrition 1.2 oz
  • Nano Reef Fish Food by Ocean Nutrition .53 oz
  • Nano Reef Coral Food by Ocean Nutrition .35 oz
  • Freeze Dried Brine Shrimp by San Francisco Bay .35 oz

I hope everyone is in good health during this Holiday season. I thought it would be nice to give away a small gift bundle just in time for Christmas.

Simply reply to this topic with your answer to this question for a chance to win the gift bundle.

What motivated you to take up the hobby of reef keeping, and what do you love most about it?

Reply with your answer by 6pm December 18th for a chance to win.

Last edited:
I spent many wonderful days at the beaches of s.c. and have always been amazed by its beauty, strength, life and more so when a LFS opened near us and carried SW fish I missed the ocean and thought this is a way I can be near it when I'm so far.. I love how it relaxes me and reminds me how small I am in this world..

While golfing with my brother-in-law one day about 9 years ago he mentioned that a mutual friend was setting up a tank and that he had been looking at setting up a nano. I started reading online and got the bug. Interestingly it later led me to take up photography which also gives me a lot of joy.

I worked with a guy who owned a pet shop and was trying to get it off the ground. He talked me into setting up a 29g saltwater tank since the fish were so much "prettier" than freshwater. I think I personally kept his store open for a couple months while simultaneously flushing half the South Pacific.....:(

That was 10 years and $1000's ago...now I enjoy the challenges of not only keeping the inhabitants off the reef but seeing them thrive and even multiply right in my own little box of ocean.

"What motivated you to take up the hobby of reef keeping, and what do you love most about it?"

I have been scuba diving since 1977 and have been crazy about the gulf/ocean since first visiting it in 1959. I decided at the age of 10 to become a diver "When I grew up". I finally got certified at the ripe old age of 23 and it has been full speed ahead since then. I feel such a sense of peace when diving and surrounded by the marine environment. Of course the feeling of being weightless helps too. Living in landlocked TN we go for many months without making a single dive and I miss it like crazy. My reef helps to bring that peace into my home and helps me settle down after a long stressful day. I got my first SW tank in Feb. 2005 and have been consistent in the hobby since that time. I only recently got rid of my original reef after having it up and running over 7 1/2 years.

Back