How do I open this gyre????????

Daddi0

So it is an IceCap 2k (worst purchase I ever made) It has issues running and I would like to dis-assemble and clean it. I have watched multiple videos and I still cant figure it out. Help!!!!
448FTEo.jpg

I did place the protruding tip of the shaft onto a hard surface and put all my weight into it and it did't budge. I flipped it and pressured the other side and nothing. I tried unscrewing the notched end caps with channel locks- nothing. I also tried grabbing inside with needle-nosed pliers.
Perhaps time to buy a Jebao SCP?

I found this online for sale. It doesnt include the shaft or bushings which makes me almost sure they are removable.
RNSb4kv.png

ok, I put max pressure on the right side and it popped apart. Cleaned it and it is still dead. Thanks for the help!

2.5 years and 3 different tanks on my Jebao SCP-150 with 2 vinegar baths (1 between each tank). Just started it on my 300. Have an SCP-90 on the frag tank for a year now. I love these pumps. I have had to return a few DOA of the regular PP and OW series pumps but once you get through the first couple of days they seem to be rock solid.
c857ca166041b3ad91ea96fab36aee13.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2.5 years and 3 different tanks on my Jebao SCP-150 with 2 vinegar baths (1 between each tank). Just started it on my 300. Have an SCP-90 on the frag tank for a year now. I love these pumps. I have had to return a few DOA of the regular PP and OW series pumps but once you get through the first couple of days they seem to be rock solid.
c857ca166041b3ad91ea96fab36aee13.jpg

Nice, my gyres are supposed to be wifi but they cannot hold the signal. We have a couple Jebao powerheads on my son's frag tank and I really like the simple push button.
Cheers! Mark

Very easy just push one end and the other will slide off. Just google or search on YouTube for video. Have done it successfully many times. Don't listen to advise from people who don't own one or have every clean one before. I normally add a drop of pure silicone grease to shaft before reassemble.

Back