id help please

nelsen

i have a small eclipse system six on my desk. only has a clown and two damsels in it. i have 3" of LS and 3 medium sized pieces of LR (cant remember the weight of). all my tests check out as zero to minimal amounts.

for the past few weeks i have what i believe to be some form of algae that is spreading. i havent been able to find any pictures of on the net or RC.

it is white in color. each individual 'piece' has one connection to the rock (and now the thermometer) which then transforms into a bulb with a small clump of fingers or hairs growing out of it. the overall length of each piece is only about 1/8"-1/4" at most.

sorry i dont have any pics of.

any suggestions? best way to fight it?

i tried scrubbing it like an idiot and i think that is what contributed to the further spreading of it.

i have a million of these in my tank. i don't believe it is an algae. it is a type of sponge...from what i've found out about them.

i got a reply back from algone. they said that it may be some type of sponge. im still unsure of what it is. im taking the road of caution. eliminate all phosphate to keep it from growing if it is an algae

Back