Is Boric Acid on Tank Lid (to kill roaches inside the tank) safe

SkipH

I have a 55 Gal fish tank, that is only about 1/2 full of water, the rest is plants. Just noticed the other day that I have QUITE the roach infestation INSIDE the tank (appears to be a breeding ground for roaches). Is boric acid safe to put all over the tank lid (outside the tank), so when the roaches come out at night and walk though it, hopefully, they'll walk though it, then die (like they would when used under the sink, etc.) WITHOUT killing the tropical fish I have in the tank (freshwater talk with a variety of community fish in it)??

I've tried sticky pads on top of the lid, but believe it or not, the roaches that did get stuck on the sticky-pads were pulled-off by other roaches (no lie and wouldn't have believed if if I hadn't seen it myself).

I'm wide open to other thoughts/ideas how to kill all the roaches without killing my fish and/or contaminating the water.

Where do they go once they’re out of the tank? Do they crawl down the side to the stand/ floor? If so maybe consider putting some around that area (not sure about kids or pets). I personally wouldn’t risk it with the tank but that’s just me

They mostly crawl around on the top/lid of the tank. I don't have much of a choice on doing something. It's not a couple of them, from what I've seen, they are breeding in there.

Back