Is my Clown Fish the cause??

Chicago Kopka

I've had a pair of clowns in my tank since just after it was up and running about 8 months ago. They are some sort of designer clowns named ice or extreme ice or something like that I cant remember. The mama clown is somewhat territorial and bites my hands whenever they are in the tank. I've seen her chase others out of her area but nothing overly aggressive.

I've had a string of random deaths in other fish that I could not figure out until last night I thought maybe shes bullying them to death?? Seems like they all lasted a couple months before they show signs of stress/weakness.

The most recent was last night. I noticed my flasher wrasse was being blown around a bit by the powerheads and thought it was odd. Later I was doing a water change and just holding the tube when I heard a thump...I look in the bucket and its the flasher wrasse sitting in the bucket. He was sucked through the tube. I put him back in the tank but he wasn't looking to hot. Could the clown be tormenting the others to a slow death?

I had an issue a while back with a large female Clown who was harassing the other clown so much that he was not eating and was always hiding and almost died of hunger. I'm not sure if your issue is the same, but I would get a time out device for that Clown and see if things change.

Also, try feeding the fish manually and see if you can catch the aggression action. Maybe this is the issue.

What are your parameters. I'm not buying the clown bully thing. I'm assuming you aren't seeing any indications of trauma on the fish that are dying?

No and I don't think it was the clown either. It was only 2 fish. One I had for 4 months and the other was a tail spot Blenny that got skinny so I don't believe it was water quality. They died a couple weeks apart. The flasher is fine now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back