is this a new sump design?

For $40 dollars and if you had the perfect setup for it, it would be really cool. It already has two compartments set up for you. I personally like to be able to see in it from the side, so I always use glass or acrylic. But thats not to say many people don't use those big rubbermaid things. Give it a try and post pics. If it goes well you'll probably get a huge following. (you know how that stuff works on this forum).

I was going to do just that for my in basement sump.I even got three single sinks (the heavy $80.00 ones) for free. however, my brothers wife made him get rid of his 75 gal with stand. I am curently seting it up as my sump. I might use the tubs for a fuge, and a couple ad on frag grow tanks.

Anybody know how much acrylic would be to make a sump similar to that? I'm thinking about making my own and was just wondering.

To all. I have used a similar sink as above when I run out of real state on the 75G, and had it hooked up to the main sump. It is still running, but it is only holding a few rocks and some softies.

here are a couple of pics, enjoy.

07-01-200575G.jpg

07-01-200575G1.jpg

07-06-20052.jpg

:)
RickyB

innovation :)

I bought the sink to try to raising some clown fish fry, but never got around to try.

RickyB

i was thinking two of these double sinks side x side. the first sink for the skimmer and filter socks plus a dsb. the second sink. filled with live rock and rubble, would act as a bubble remover plus filtration. the third as the return sump with overflow protection and auto top off. the fourth will be used as a mix tank for semi-automatic water changes.

Back