Is this light worth buying?

I bought one about 6 months ago and 3 months in all the whites failed. A BoostLED par30 bulb is roughly the same cost and uses better, brighter LEDs. Unless they have to be dimmable, I highly suggest the BoostLED bulbs.

Same exact one, Wharf?

Same one. I also have some of the chinese epistar gu10 1x3w LEDs die out after less than a year. Come to think of it, 2 out of the 25 I've got have burnt out over the last year, both of them whites. When I first bought the dimmable it was to light an evolve 8 tank! I gotta say, it lit that tank up very well, but the boostled par30 lit it up just as well. The color spectrum on both are nearly identical with the dimmable up all the way. I had it set up with their clamp lamp at first, which is kinda sketchy on the evolve 8 because the back wall is a bit thin and it caused the tank to bow in the rear with the weight of the bulb. Now the tank is a FW guppy tank and the stock LED light it comes with is already taking a dive. 2 of the inner white rings are out and a couple of the outer white flicker.

Back