ISO aluminum stand (info)

Does anyone have any experience or know where to get the squared type aluminum stands? When we finish the reno I want to go from the wood stand over to something more open and would like to go this way. If you have any experience or have purchased before, let me know. Not sure where or how much they run. Thanks in advance.

I used HPE Automation to make a 80/20 light rack a few years ago. I had met them at RAP Orlando. The rack ran about $98 shipped to the house. They had the aquarium stands at that RAP that year as well.

I used HPE Automation to make a 80/20 light rack a few years ago. I had met them at RAP Orlando. The rack ran about $98 shipped to the house. They had the aquarium stands at that RAP that year as well.

You don't happen to still have their number do you?

Let us know (or pm me) what you end up getting quoted if you go this route - I'd be very interested in getting a quote for the tank I'm planning if it's reasonable.

So ordered my aluminium stand from HPE a few days ago. Ryan mentioned that they don't sell the plywood for the stand itself. What did you guys use? Also what did you use to dress it up? I want to add covering but not sure what all options are out there.

on my steel stand - it came with 3/4 inch plywood both for the top and the bottom. So you could use that on yours but have to cut it yourself.

For dressing it up - I had spacewerks out of clearwater do mine. They did it "modularlly." took measurements - mfg'd in their shop - then came out and installed it onto the stand. I had built my own frame (out of aluminum tube) for the canopy and they took that with them, skinned it at their shop and brought it back with everything else.

on my steel stand - it came with 3/4 inch plywood both for the top and the bottom. So you could use that on yours but have to cut it yourself.

For dressing it up - I had spacewerks out of clearwater do mine. They did it "modularlly." took measurements - mfg'd in their shop - then came out and installed it onto the stand. I had built my own frame (out of aluminum tube) for the canopy and they took that with them, skinned it at their shop and brought it back with everything else.

Sounds pretty involved. Was it fairly expensive (not to pry..)?

yes it was... around 5k I think for the canopy and stand on an 8 foot tank. The good part was I specified to them how I wanted it to work and it mostly works. They tried to get fancy with the hinges (and they did) - but normal stainless 2" hinges would've worked better.

Back