Jebao dct pump whine

sinful

Just installed a new jebao dct4000 on my system and it has a bit of a whine to it, even on setting 2 of 10. This morning it seems like it has gotten a little quieter. I've read that these pumps need a bit of time to bed in. Anyone have any experience with this? Only been running for a day, but if it doesn't go silent I'll have to search for another option?

What do you think helps the pump to quiet down over time? I had a mp10 that was unberribly loud on first day and went silent the next day?

It's very difficult to understand if what you are describing is not normal. I know my jebao dc6000 is not completely silent but I do have to listen very very closely to hear it running. I think this comes down to personal preference. My jebao was dead silent when compared to my sicce. If you think it's excessive you could have a faulty pump. Otherwise give it time before you look into other options.

Mine just started to whine. Had it about 8 months - dead silent. Last couple weeks it has a whiny hum to it. I've got my Mag 7 cleaned up and ready to use, just in case this is a sign the DC is breaking down.

Its not loud at all, but does have a whine to it that can be heard. I was going off people's claims that it is dead silent, because mine is not. I just bought it so if it still has noise after a couple days, I'll send it back. It's not bad and I could probably live with it, but I'm going for dead silent and would rather spend the money for one that is dead silent. Tried the cheap way, and of course like most cheap ways in this hobby, it probably will not work out for me. My RODC skimmer pump on the other hand is dead silent. I'll probably get the return pump version if this one doesn't work out.

First day had electric motor whine, it quieted down in a few days. I don't hear it at all now

Anyone have any idea what happens in the couple days that quiets them down? Just curious if anyone knows the reasoning behind this?

For anyone interested, the pump never got any quieter. Infact, I think it might have either gotten louder or on my nerves more. I had to take it offline and go back to the trusty Tunze silence.

I also have a dc6000 and like jade I have to listen very closely to hear it running. Mine has been running flawlessly for 7 months.

Maybe it's the new dct model with the noise? It wasn't very loud, but loud enough to make it annoying. It's inside an enclosed stand(granted back if the stand is partially open) and I had people that walked in the room asking what that noise was. Either way, no harm and most people could probably live with it.

I have a dc3000 running at full power in my bedroom dont hear it all, a dct12000 on my dt running at 60-70% power silent cant hear it even when i am working in stand next to it

Jebao dct pump whine

I've read for hours going through hundreds if not thousands of post about DC pumps. You are only the second person I've heard complain about the noise. The other person exchanged it and found out that it was a defect that caused the excessive noise.

Yea it could be for sure. I love the other dc(rodc) pump I have on my RO elite, it's dead silent and the reason I tried out the jebao return.

If there is 1 defective pump in thousands shipped in, trust me....I'll be the one who gets it.

That stinks, I've had good luck with my 12000. I even bought a backup off the bat assuming it would crap out, and I've never had any issues (knock on wood).

Back