L/F Trusted LFS (Boca) & small LR with Coralline

AnayaReef

Hello, lived here over a year but just now getting a tank setup (finally).While I can google and start going into shops to check them out, I thought I would just ask in here first for recommendations.

I'm looking for some aquarium shops nearest Boca Raton that you would recommend. I am totally willing to drive in all directions if need be as well. Just needing to get a CUC and hoping to find a close store for that and of course oogle at everything else!

Or any local reefers that also cultivate critters on a small scale. Also looking for a small piece of live rock with Coralline algae on it to help seed that in my tank preferably from a fellow reefer.

Thanks ;)

Just found this link in the LFS thread that works...still would like recommendations and if anyone has a small piece or rock with coralline :)
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...1&ie=UTF8&hnear&mid=zBB2hpIJC8y8.kBL4ebVWaRTo

Last edited:
Check out reef life usa in coral springs if you don't find any live rock. Just bought a few small pieces of small rock there to seed coralline in my tank. He has lots of small rocks completely encrusted in red pink and purple . I'm sure he will even sell you a few pieces of encrusted ruble from the frag tank. I went to every LFS around to find some LR with coralline

Check out reef life usa in coral springs if you don't find any live rock. Just bought a few small pieces of small rock there to seed coralline in my tank. He has lots of small rocks completely encrusted in red pink and purple . I'm sure he will even sell you a few pieces of encrusted ruble from the frag tank. I went to every LFS around to find some LR with coralline
Thank you! This is great to know.

Barrier is my home base LFS. Can't beat it around here.
endless oceans is right down the block from Barrier and is pretty good as well. Only open on certain days. They are on facebook.

Tanks a lot in Lake Worth is pretty good too.

Barrier is my home base LFS. Can't beat it around here.
endless oceans is right down the block from Barrier and is pretty good as well. Only open on certain days. They are on facebook.

Tanks a lot in Lake Worth is pretty good too.

Awesome, thank you!!

for just LR and a few critters Barrier Reef is your easiest bet. For a good coral fix, take a drive a little north. Check out Blue Earth Aquariums (Lantana Rd just west of Military), Ocean World Corals (Military and Hypoluxo).
Endless Oceans has some sweet pieces as well

Barrier reef has nice live rock sometimes, but aiptasia is killer... be prepared with a tube of Joe's Juice or a copperband butterfly, or a couple of peppermint shrimp. As for live rock, next to nothing really nice around anymore, I'm comparing it to Reef Life (Pat's place), it's been gone awhile.

Barrier reef has nice live rock sometimes, but aiptasia is killer... be prepared with a tube of Joe's Juice or a copperband butterfly, or a couple of peppermint shrimp. As for live rock, next to nothing really nice around anymore, I'm comparing it to Reef Life (Pat's place), it's been gone awhile.
Thanks for the heads up, I was planning on keeping it separate for a bit to watch it just for that. I have plenty of awesome rocks (dead from my former tank a few years back) that I'm bringing back to "life". So I'm not concerned about pretty, cool or anything more than a small chunk with a good coralline covering to seed my pale, dead, soulless rocks lol

for just LR and a few critters Barrier Reef is your easiest bet. For a good coral fix, take a drive a little north. Check out Blue Earth Aquariums (Lantana Rd just west of Military), Ocean World Corals (Military and Hypoluxo).
Endless Oceans has some sweet pieces as well
I will absolutely refrain from visiting these places then...until my tank can support corals safely. Visiting now would only bring tears and death later ha ha

I have zero will power for pretty corals. Tank should be ready for them soon but I must resist trepidation until I'm sure it's ready! [emoji12]

Anaya
Hit me back when you are ready for coral. I am sure I have some nice frags I will donate to the new tank. I am in wpb. Also ReefPro in
wpb has nice coral. Gilbert and Carlos will hook you up with anything you need.

as for Live Rock, Barrier Reef always has plenty of rock. most of my friends bought their rock from Live Rock USA down in Hollywood (not sure if they are still around or not). When you are ready for coral, AP Frags is right by Barrier Reef. Blue Earth, Ocean World Corals and Reef Pro are great as well. they will be at the Frag Swap this weekend as well.

Anaya
Hit me back when you are ready for coral. I am sure I have some nice frags I will donate to the new tank. I am in wpb. Also ReefPro in
wpb has nice coral. Gilbert and Carlos will hook you up with anything you need.

Thank you so much! I am hoping I will be ready for some corals by the end of October. We shall see ;)

as for Live Rock, Barrier Reef always has plenty of rock. most of my friends bought their rock from Live Rock USA down in Hollywood (not sure if they are still around or not). When you are ready for coral, AP Frags is right by Barrier Reef. Blue Earth, Ocean World Corals and Reef Pro are great as well. they will be at the Frag Swap this weekend as well.

Thanks for the great info. I really love hearing feedback from you guys!

Back