Leather coral trimming

Kirino

How does one go about trimming a leather coral that has gotten huge? This thing is like at least 25 inches wide with its foot deep into the rock work. Not mine by the way, but it might be in the near future. If you cut of pieces, will it grow back into something nice, or will it just look horrible.

1721145869998.png

I’ve always just cut pieces (but mine have always been branching). With more solid leathers like that, I’m honestly not too sure. I would imagine just trimming the edge would be fine, it will grow back but it may “look” off for a bit til it grows back

I’ve always just cut pieces (but mine have always been branching). With more solid leathers like that, I’m honestly not too sure. I would imagine just trimming the edge would be fine, it will grow back but it may “look” off for a bit til it grows back
This.

Honestly with leathers you can do most anything.

I have chopped them in half. I have cut the top smaller by trimming all the way around.

Pretty durable coral.

Cool, thx for the replies guys. I'll definitely have to trim it at some point. Will probably post some pictures so we can track the regrowth.

Back