LED's for a Refugium?

TURKLET0N

Would these lights work for a refugium? I have several. Some are all blue, some are just white and some are white and blue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 0
Just flourescent light will work, nothing fancy. Is this for the 10 gallon tank you asked about?

If so I have a new 15 gallon tall plug and play ready to be a refugium. It's 3/4" drilled for a herbie drain to go right in a sump, has all the fittings, strainer, bulkheads and valves, lights, tinted sides to prevent algae from growing elsewhere, I cut off the 3 inches of excess from the bottom trim so it can fit under my stand. All you would have to do is throw a pump in your sump or tee off your return and add one of my nice sea swirls or grab one of the nano Powerheads I have (koralia or jebao) and you're in business. Hell I'll throw in some rock and a 20 lbs. bag of Bahamas oolite sand plus a nano magnet cleaner. $150 and you'll have a refugium this afternoon.

Edit: I have a pump I can throw in too. Pretty sweet deal.

Just flourescent light will work, nothing fancy. Is this for the 10 gallon tank you asked about?

If so I have a new 15 gallon tall plug and play ready to be a refugium. It's 3/4" drilled for a herbie drain to go right in a sump, has all the fittings, strainer, bulkheads and valves, lights, tinted sides to prevent algae from growing elsewhere, I cut off the 3 inches of excess from the bottom trim so it can fit under my stand. All you would have to do is throw a pump in your sump or tee off your return and add one of my nice sea swirls or grab one of the nano Powerheads I have (koralia or jebao) and you're in business. Hell I'll throw in some rock and a 20 lbs. bag of Bahamas oolite sand plus a nano magnet cleaner. $150 and you'll have a refugium this afternoon.

Edit: I have a pump I can throw in too. Pretty sweet deal.

No, I was wanting a 10 gallon for my ATO. I ended up getting one at Petsmart. I'm asking about the lights for a refugium I just set up today with an acrylic tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 0
I would do something in the 6500K or lower range. Plenty available. I think the PAR 38 bulbs (led spot lights) are pretty popular. Can't remember for sure, but thinking sub 3000K. Cheap as well.

Back