LF:Toad stool for tank & clownfish advice

Spearfisher88

Hello Everyone,
I am looking for a medium size toadstool for my tank. I am trying to get my clownfish from staying in the back corner all the time and do not want an anemone in my tank due to the possible catastrophe of it moving. I have seen people have a lot of success with there toads hosting there clowns. If anyone has any other good ideas to get them out of the corner and move more around the tank I would appreciate any advice.

I've seen clowns host just about everything from Zoa gardens to duncans. I have everything, including an rbta and my clown won't host a damn thing. Good luck.

Idk how big you're looking for but I'm selling a pretty large tyree toad stool. I'll try to get pics tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have had my clowns (Pair of Ocellaris) for over 3 years and they have never left the corner of the tank. I have moved them to 3 different tanks over the years and they always like to live in the corner. Recently I bought a pair of Black Ocellaris clowns and they have hosted my green goniopora and are always right up front swimming around. They come to see me when I am by the tank and even eat from my hand. I guess you just don't know what clowns will do. I have a green toadstool frag I would sell for $10 if you want it. It is about 2 inches tall and very healthy. I would say the best way to try and get them to host it would be to put them in a small basket with the toadstool or whatever you want for a while and they may be more prone to host.

Just so you know the odds of it hosting clowns are very slim, once the clowns find a spot they like it may take years for them to move at all

I have a pair of ocellaris and a toadstool. They do not host it although I have seen it happen in other tanks.

I have had my clowns (Pair of Ocellaris) for over 3 years and they have never left the corner of the tank. I have moved them to 3 different tanks over the years and they always like to live in the corner. Recently I bought a pair of Black Ocellaris clowns and they have hosted my green goniopora and are always right up front swimming around. They come to see me when I am by the tank and even eat from my hand. I guess you just don't know what clowns will do. I have a green toadstool frag I would sell for $10 if you want it. It is about 2 inches tall and very healthy. I would say the best way to try and get them to host it would be to put them in a small basket with the toadstool or whatever you want for a while and they may be more prone to host.

I have corner clowns too. Ha! Whenever we have guests over and they see the tank, they always ask what's wrong with them. I just shrug.

Yea it is weird. They used to swim all around the tank and eat from my hands but now stick to the corner. Maybe one day they will change there mind. The black ocilarious comes out more than my platinum. Ohh well. Time will tell.

Back