Looking For X-Large Frag Disks

Darth_Tater

Hi all,

I'm going to be converting to a sandless display tank and have some large torch corals that won't fit on top of the rock (the skeleton branches are really long and they'd stick out of the water). I was thinking about just taking a few large frag disks, like the ones you see sometimes on Scolys and such, and cutting off the long torch branches and attaching them to the disks.

Where can I find these disks? I've found some smaller 1" and even bought some 1.5" ones, but I'm looking for something like 3". Any ideas?

Thanks!

I would just use HD tiles. I have these XXL ceramic frags from reef creator. Bought them off Amazon. 9/10 package came with broke pieces. Sometimes all broken. They are nice enough to keep sending me replacements. but every new package comes with broken pieces too. they shipped them in the smallest USPS box with newspaper wrapping.

Oh, I didn't even think about big fragile disks in the mail. You make a good point and may have saved me quite a bit of frustration, thanks!

I have used those tiles from home depot before and they work perfect. I actually prefer them to plugs or anything else. Only downside is they aren't dirt cheap or anything but they are porous and have a good weight to them.

I would just use HD tiles. I have these XXL ceramic frags from reef creator. Bought them off Amazon. 9/10 package came with broke pieces. Sometimes all broken. They are nice enough to keep sending me replacements. but every new package comes with broken pieces too. they shipped them in the smallest USPS box with newspaper wrapping.

Normally I don't post publically to customers feedback good or bad. I like to say thanks or rectify issues posted privately so others to look at my post as trying to hijack their threads or go off topic but the above is not true and I don't want others to have that impression.

Your order was shipped with the disks wrapped in bubble wrap three times to be exact as this is magic number I have found seems to provide the best protection and not waste packaging materials. I have never used newspaper for wrapping and never will as for one the print would rub off on the ceramic leaving it look like it was dirty and two there is no cushion in newspaper for protection. I ship several thousand of these a months and the fastest way to put myself out of business would be to ship them just like that as I would lose money in replacement shipping cost and materials. Any newspaper you found in the box was at the very top to fill any voids so the disks were tight in the box as you will have breakage is they are lose and able to move around.

That said after several years of shipping fragile items I have found that there are times it doesn't matter how much you pad the items they arrive broken. There are specific customers we have that either the regional distribution or local post office is so rough with the packages every time we ship to them they are broken. When this happens I make note of it and use multiple packaging types for all future orders as I would have with you if it was brought to my attention that it repeatedly happen to all your orders.

I'm sure we have multiple customers from here that would verify our packing method, and as always I will always replace anything damaged as you deserve what you paid for.

Ryan

I just ordered some frag disks from reef creators the other day. All of them came in perfect. I will be ordering there XL disks soon since these came in so well.
baa51dae492e0d0a6554a2945df3972e.jpg

Back