Looking to Buy Bubble Tip Anemone/ New to Hobby

CH3RRY

I am new to the hobby and just setup a new tank.
I am looking to buy a bubble tip anemone. Was wondering if it is possible if anyone is giving one away/selling.

STL area/Chesterfield

Hi Ch3rry, I’m in your area (Wildwood) but don’t have a BTA. Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum.

Also, I’m happy to help you one your reef journey in any way. I’ve been into SW since 1986 and reefs since 1990.

Hi Ch3rry, I’m in your area (Wildwood) but don’t have a BTA. Just wanted to say hi and welcome to the forum.
I also live in wildwood. Have been to most of the fish stores in STL. Looking to start with 2 clowns to cycle the tank then make a trigger, eel tank eventually.

I also live in wildwood. Have been to most of the fish stores in STL. Looking to start with 2 clowns to cycle the tank then make a trigger, eel tank eventually.
Share a bit more about your tank/system. Tank size, filtration, lighting, etc. happy to help.

I’ve kept SW since 1986 and reefs since 1990. So, I have a little experience😉

I recommend against cycling a tank with fish. Please share with me where you currently are with setting up the tank.

I recommend against cycling a tank with fish. Please share with me where you currently are with setting up the tank.
Cycling the tank for a week or so, going to add 2 clowns to rest after I get my water tested by Seascape. I used to have a 210 gal but have been out of the hobby for a while. Started this out w a 125g, bought it barely used, full system, sump, heaters, 4 aquatic life lights, skimmer etc. Planning on getting a clown trigger, emperor angel, harlequin tusk, maybe a cool eel if I can find one. Haven’t seen many stores in STL with the fish I want

In our area there aren’t any really good SW stores anymore😣. Aqua World have very little livestock and is expensive. They’ve been telling me for years they’re going to set up frag tanks and sell frags but it hasn’t happened.

For decent SW stores you have to hit St Charles or South County.

The closest store to wildwood that actually has decent livestock is the Petco in Ellisville🙄. I actually got a nice LTA from there a couple weeks back for $60 and it’s still doing great.

Back