Magnesium consumption high

mkart

I am running 2 part right now and had not needed to dose magnesium until about 2 weeks ago. I dose 47ml of calcium and 48ml of alk BRS two part daily. Things are growing well and suddenly the mag started dropping fast. It has been about 1380 for months with only water changes. I am now needing to dose 90ml daily to keep up, dropped all the way to 1240. I measured a drop to 1280 3 days ago and calculated the consumption which I thought was too much and maybe a bad measurement. Measured again today and calculated the use just as high over the last 3 days. Seems I am using this much. Anyone dosing 2 part? Do you use twice as much mag as the others? Maybe it will settle in time but I am happy with the growth so I'll just keep adding and testing.

150 gallon tank
40 gallon sump
9.1 dkh (higher than I want)
380 calcium (was running 440 but this growth spurt dropped it before I adjusted my doses)
1240 mag (raising it back up now to 1350)

My sunset Monti was having issues and Kirk mentioned maybe the chemistry was off. This prompted me to test more often which helped me catch the calcium and mag consumption changes. Alk I test constantly so it was dialed in already.

I did notice more coralline growth as well, maybe that is it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back