making a come back

well i decided to get back into keeping a mantis, soooo got a 29bio cube that was already set up, only had been set up for a month or so, got it home and set up everything seems to be going good, my nitrates are really high tho. I do 5gal water change every week. as of right now I just have the LR and little bigger than soft ball size of chaeto in there. as far as the back and filtration I have just filter pad. but plan on making a media basket for the middle chamber and also picked up a aqua c remora skimmer (which turned out to be the pro model with the rio 1400 pump i thought it was the regular model). the pump will fit in the middle chamber with room for a media rack, but its rated for 50-120gal tanks. any reason it wouldn't work on the 29cube? or is it to much over kill?

Attachments

• D53C496E-.jpg
    D53C496E-.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Skimmer should be fine, maybe later if you want to try I’ve seen mantis shrimps with fish. I had one in a 24 bio cube and I loved it, they r just hard to find around here and hard to find online to order. I will prolly end up setting that tank back up one of these days. Mantis shrimps are so cool

I always wanted to put a fish in with mine just never did. Gunna setup the bio cube here soon n try and get another mantis shrimp

so this got me thinking. would a mantis be alright with an anemone in the tank? just thinking if a peacock is ok with clowns then it might be cool to try. in a bigger tank of course.

scratch that idea. I think lighting would be an issue. anemone needs light and mantis i don't think could handle that light? would be cool if it could work though.

scratch that idea. I think lighting would be an issue. anemone needs light and mantis i don't think could handle that light? would be cool if it could work though.

they do make the bulbs that you can make a fixture and have it focused on the anemone so that way it wouldn't be over the whole tank, ill have to see if I can find a link to it

I've got some rbta in my mantis tank. It's a 90 though so it's up really high and I can keep the lights at a reasonable level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get her from? Like what fish store. I’m also from NC and I can’t find a single any stores online or in person.

Where did you get her from? Like what fish store. I'm also from NC and I can't find a single any stores online or in person.

got her from a store in wilmington nc (port city saltwater creations) i called and they had it in the next day. where do you live in nc?

Back