Making SWFMAS an OFFICIAL club? Interest - PLEASE VOTE!

Making SWFMAS an OFFICIAL club? Interest - PLEASE VOTE!

• Yes

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • NO

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lisaFL

In Memoriam
I Have been thinking, scott & I were discussing it, and while at SRC i spoke briefly about this with Melissa Kantz, Vice President of ORCA.

Before i pursue this any further, I'd like to find out who would be interested in participating & becoming a memberof, Helping out, and/or getting an official club started.

I Have touched this subject with rich at Boardroom Aquatics, and he seemed interested in such as well.

Making SWFMAS an OFFICIAL club would include Membership dues, organized events (regular meets, frag swaps, outings), possibly benefits @ LFS, and a more organized network of hobbiests that are local.
It would require for us to elect a board of directors, and regular board meetings.

yes- I think that is one of the reasons past attempts have failed- no formal club structure. Count us in! How was Orlando?

SRC was great.

I organized the first meet & Frag Swap ... was hoping others would help out, or take lead in organizing another one ... was a bit disappointed to see it not happen. Its a bit hard when there is no formal club structure - where we have a few things that are set in stone ... and guidelines etc.etc.

I believe in November there will be a large interclub meet. Orlando, Tampa & ACROS will be involved. I'd love to have us participate as it will be at Steves house with his 2000g system ... sarasota area if i recall.

you know the saying "you smelled it You delt it" kinda the same applys here! You asked, now you must get the ball rolling. My kids being young and consuming alot of my time makes me not want to commit to being in charge of anything, but would be willing to help here and there, and attend whenever I can.

Edit: first you must get your own RC sn!:D

Back