May 2010 nTOTM - uhuru's 100% NPS Elos Mini

WoW!!!! Your dedication is inspiring and your tank shows how much you love this hobby.

Congratulations, I love your tank.

(Did I read that you target feed 10x a day?)

:celeb2:Congratulations uhuru!! Gorgeous tank for sure!! I love it!:inlove: I like the entire setup and how you designed everything! Very nicely done!

really nice tank uhuru,well worth totm title

Thank you very much :thumbsup:

Mike once again your tank is the inspiration behind my 25g Marineland Cube Azoo build

Thanks again and nice to meet you today.

Your angler fish looks so sweet. How does it behave? What do you feed it?

Thanks. He has become quite the lazy fish. He mostly hangs out by a corner somewhere and every once in a while makes his rounds to see if there's anything going on. He is only eating live ghost shrimp at this time. I plan to work on training him to eat frozen over the summer. Right now I am getting him to associate me with food which I think is finally starting to happen. He still usually waits for me to leave before he eats though.

WoW!!!! Your dedication is inspiring and your tank shows how much you love this hobby.

Congratulations, I love your tank.

(Did I read that you target feed 10x a day?)

Thanks! Yes, I WAS target feeding 10x a day if not more, until recently. I'm experimenting with yet another type of food reactor right now which allows for automated dosing of particulate foods throughout the day. This is just a makeshift version while a better model is being worked on:

DSC02939.jpg

:celeb2:Congratulations uhuru!! Gorgeous tank for sure!! I love it!:inlove: I like the entire setup and how you designed everything! Very nicely done!

Thanks ReeferChick! Nice avatar. I grew up in So. Cal. Go Lakers!! :rollface:

Uhuru,

How do you keep the food refrigerated while dosing with those reactor?

Right now the food only lasts 12 hours max before going bad. I do use frozen cubes and chilled RO/DI water which helps extend it a little bit. But, this is just a makeshift reactor to test out how to keep the food suspended and feed it to the tank. The refrigerating part will come soon :)

Wow, Nice tank and congrats! this is def. worthy of nTOTM. its nice to see a different type of tank and yet still beautiful

Right now the food only lasts 12 hours max before going bad. I do use frozen cubes and chilled RO/DI water which helps extend it a little bit. But, this is just a makeshift reactor to test out how to keep the food suspended and feed it to the tank. The refrigerating part will come soon :)

Can u show me exactly what refrigeration that you're looking at? Who sells it?

Phishy - thanks!

Mirugai - I'm not working on the chilled reactor myself someone else is (DFason) and I honestly don't know the details of how he is doing it. I'm just giving him my opinions based on my own experience.

this is the first NPS tank that i've seen...and i've got to say that it's really inspirational. very well done

Thanks! My month of fame is almost up LOL. I look forward to passing the torch to the June winner.

Very nice indeed! like the fact that your tank is sooo different and colorful too! looking forward to your bigger tank!

Back