May Meeting follow up

Mrs Postal

We had a great meeting tonight. Hop over to FB to see pics of our host's tank. Thank you to Chris and Denise Scangarello for having us & thank you to Roger Hebert II for our Par-meter lesson tonight. Stay tuned for info on the June get together. We are making plans for a Ft. DeSoto collection trip on Sunday, June 13th.

For the collection trip at Fort Desoto do you need any special permits or license? Fishing license? Anyone know of places close to the sarasota, Venice area to collect at?
Thanks in advance

I believe it's called a "Shoreline License" which is free as long as you have a Florida driver's license to show proof of residency.

in the past I know i have collected sea horses, small gobies, pistol shrimp, ghost shrimp, and other small fish.

Basically walk around in the flats with nets seeing what we can catch.

Its actually a really good time!

It really won't be a formal meeting but we are thinking that we will ask folks to arrive around 11am. We'll cook out on the grills that are at Arrowhead(I'll post a map a little later) and there are bathrooms, shade and the seawall w/ the grass flats is right there.

I have found brittlestars in clam shells at the eckerd college sea wall. These are legal to collect if you have a license as well, there are also likely to be cerith snails and hermits which I believe are also legal to collect for those of you looking to increase your clean up crews.

Back