Monti ID

flyguy7150

Got a new SPS frag, wondering what kind of monti this is... Forgot the name
montisummin.jpg

thanks for the quick reply, your polyps are nice and big, looks like mine is the same color :) How long have you had yours?

It is either the confusa or vietnamensis....

I found a perfect picture for you all to compare. The one in front which is similar to the picture above is vietnamensis or confusa, the one behind is M. undata...

germanblueandundata.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a green monti confusa. These are a popular bali mariculture piece, I've seen them in a couple of stores recently.

Here's mine:
mconfusa_3_12_07.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10590483#post10590483 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jeffbrig
Looks like a green monti confusa. These are a popular bali mariculture piece, I've seen them in a couple of stores recently.

Here's mine:
mconfusa_3_12_07.jpg

yea thats it, hope mines gets a green as yours, yours looks awesome

Here's a pic of my spongodes. You see how hard it is to tell apart. My branches looked liked your nubs 6 mos. ago.

spongodes.jpg

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10590036#post10590036 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by REEFER714
It growth like weed...... faster than GSP. :D

that pic was taken when i got it and your right i just looked and compared to the pic it is growing but nothing in my tank grows really fast until it encrusts a ll

It definately looks like Confusa, Undata is usually more smooth skeleton, skeleton color is kind of a light gun metal or metalic color with white polyps. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Back