MP10mqd with old controller?

phreeflow

I still have several old Ecotech Vortech MP10es models I’m using but had an issue with on of my dry sides so I got a replacement. All they had were the newer MP10mqd dry side in stock so that’s what I ended up with.

Is it possible to use the new MP10mqd dry side with my old MP10es controller and power supply? I can’t find this info anywhere.

My MP10es power supply outputs 24V at 1.5amps. I see that the newer MP10mqd runs at 8 to 18 watts so it requires less power. I can’t seem to get specs on the new MP10mqd power supplies. Would anyone also happen to know the specs on these newer MP10mqd power supplies.

Really appreciate it

I don't think the older dry side will run with the newer QD controller. I would call Ecotech and ask. They might have an upgrade for you.

I don't think the older dry side will run with the newer QD controller. I would call Ecotech and ask. They might have an upgrade for you.
It’s actually the opposite…I bought a newer QD dry side but still have an ES driver.

I think I figured out that I’ll need a QD driver to run the QD dry side properly but still confused if I need an updated power supply.

BTW: does anyone have a spare QD driver to sell? Also wouldn’t mind picking up some spare ES drysides ans wetsides. Still have several running and could always use backups. LMK and thx all!

It’s actually the opposite…I bought a newer QD dry side but still have an ES driver.

I think I figured out that I’ll need a QD driver to run the QD dry side properly but still confused if I need an updated power supply.

BTW: does anyone have a spare QD driver to sell? Also wouldn’t mind picking up some spare ES drysides ans wetsides. Still have several running and could always use backups. LMK and thx all!

Sorry, that's what I meant. I don't think the older driver will work with the QD drysides. I could be wrong though.

You wouldn't need MP60s would you? I am about to list two MP60QD's with extra wet sides.

Thx for the help. I’ll just have to get a QD driver to be safe.

Wish I had a large enough tank for an MP60 but I don’t. Appreciate the offer

You can get the QD driver from BRS, but only if you search from Google. For what ever reason it does not show up directly from BRS search. You can also if it is available, get a Mobius chip and install that. The newer wetsides will work with your ES dry side. Power supplys are the same.

Back