Mushrooms dying?

SalsReef

Hello,

I can’t figure out why my common red mushroom corals are dying. I attached a picture with daylight, but they also appear the same under led. My calcium levels are a little on the higher side, alkalinity is perfect. Can someone please help?

It says the image is too large and I am posting from my iPhone. Perhaps I can explain. They seem to be withering away … getting smaller and smaller and this is under any light. They used to be thriving.

Under some lighting

Attachments

• 71280285074__9CC6B11A-8C03-4208-AD57-CDDB80D2EC91.fullsizerender.jpeg
    71280285074__9CC6B11A-8C03-4208-AD57-CDDB80D2EC91.fullsizerender.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
calcium levels are a little on the higher side, alkalinity is perfect
Mushroom corals don't care about either of those things. They generally prefer low flow and low to mid lighting. They also prefer nutrient rich water. What are your nitrate and phosphate levels?

In addition to the above, My guess may be too much light. Have you checked your par in that area?

I have two Viparspectra 165w LED fixtures over my 125 gal tank plus sump. The settings on the lights are currently blue light 30 of 90 and the white light 2 of 100. Can anyone with experience with this please help.

I would like to get the mushrooms thriving again.

I also would like to keep an anemone for my clowns, and would like to have some input on that.

Thank you!

I have two Viparspectra 165w LED fixtures over my 125 gal tank plus sump. The settings on the lights are currently blue light 30 of 90 and the white light 2 of 100. Can anyone with experience with this please help.

I would like to get the mushrooms thriving again.

I also would like to keep an anemone for my clowns, and would like to have some input on that.

Thank you!
Bump please

At those settings, the par I would imagine would be fairly low. I wonder if that may be part of the issue? Also what are your nutrients like Phosphate and nitrate? Shrooms tend to like dirtier water

This may help - Viparspectra 165w par readings

Back