My 180gal Reef to FOWLR Journal

GoBigGuy

Hi All,

Figured I would start a thread for my 180gal reef to FOWLR tank and update it with photos and videos as I start adding fish.

The reason for the changeover was due to life being just a little too crazy to maintain the reef tank. After talking it over with the family we decided just to go with a FOWLR tank and sock it with really colorful fish.

About 6 weeks ago I moved all of my corals to my buddy's reef tank and with his help have been selling them. At the same time I took all of his fish that were fighting a battle of ich and treated everyone with copper and now they are all fat, healthy and happy.

In a few more weeks his reef tank will have been fishless for a little over 8 weeks and should be ich free and then we will start transferring all of his fish back home. Once my tank is empty again the fun will begin with stocking it back up again!

My tank is a 180gal, (72x24x24), with a 60gal sump, a reef octopus skimmer rated for 400gal, 2 reactors, (one running carbon and the other running GFO), and an AquaUV 57W sterilizer.

Here is my current stocking list which I am going to do my best to stick to :)

Red Sea Eritrean Butterflyfish (Chaetodon paucifasciatus)
Copperband Butterflyfish (Chelmon rostratus)
Pearlscale Butterflyfish (Chaetodon xanthurus)
Yellow Wrasse (Halichoeres chrysus)
Diamond Watchman Goby (Valenciennea puellaris)
Green Wrasse (Halichoeres chloropterus)
Saddle Valentini Puffer (Canthigaster valentini)
Blue Spotted Puffer (Canthigaster solandri)
Blue Girdled Angelfish (Pomacanthus navarchus)
Red Sea Regal Angelfish (Pygoplites diacanthus)
Powder Blue Tang (Acanthurus leucosternon)
Yellow Tang (Zebrasoma flavescens)
Coral Beauty Angelfish (Centropyge bispinosa)
Flame Angelfish (Centropyge loricula)
Six Line Wrasse (Pseudocheilinus hexataenia)

attachment.php

Back