My pair of ORA White Spotted Pygmy Filefish

amccann

Just thought I'd share some pics of my happy pair of ORA White Spotted Pygmy Filefish. I've had them for about 5 months now. They started eating from day one, pellet, flakes, mysis, etc. I feed Rods Foods original blend daily. They stick together primarily, I've heard you can have a bigger school of them, as that's how they're kept at ORA. As far as their tank mates, I've got a Maroon clown that sticks to his RBTA, yellow tang, yellow coris wrasse, solar wrasse, tailspot blenny and lawnmower blenny. Plenty of liverock with most LPS corals, Zoas and Palys. Some big mushrooms etc. They have never picked at my corals or inverts. They do hunt for copepods and amphipods around my corals a lot, they like cruising around my frag rack where I've watched them hunt. At night they bed down, actually will bite onto a piece of liverock to hold in place together all night. Pretty cool fish. I'd would completely encourage others to look into these if you're wanting to find something different. They change color depending on the lighting and background. Their eyes are bright blue, almost jewel like. uploadfromtaptalk1438210334787.jpg

Just thought I'd share some pics of my happy pair of ORA White Spotted Pygmy Filefish. I've had them for about 5 months now. They started eating from day one, pellet, flakes, mysis, etc. I feed Rods Foods original blend daily. They stick together primarily, I've heard you can have a bigger school of them, as that's how they're kept at ORA. As far as their tank mates, I've got a Maroon clown that sticks to his RBTA, yellow tang, yellow coris wrasse, solar wrasse, tailspot blenny and lawnmower blenny. Plenty of liverock with most LPS corals, Zoas and Palys. Some big mushrooms etc. They have never picked at my corals or inverts. They do hunt for copepods and amphipods around my corals a lot, they like cruising around my frag rack where I've watched them hunt. At night they bed down, actually will bite onto a piece of liverock to hold in place together all night. Pretty cool fish. I'd would completely encourage others to look into these if you're wanting to find something different. They change color depending on the lighting and background. Their eyes are bright blue, almost jewel like. View attachment 324547
b84bafebe4f1bb2005e838e7a8bc5061.jpg

i have one in my reef tank. its definitely one of my favorite fish, and the one with the most personality. and because they stay small, i would recommend them for any aquarium!

Just got an ORA one 2 weeks ago. Its been nipping at pods and eating mysis selectively, meaning he seems to spit out half of them im assuming bc shell.

I just added a 2nd Jebao powerhead, it seems to cling to the rock more and goes surfing in the waves. . Is this too much flow? ORA site says they like high flow, but it seems like it doesnt.

Just thought I'd share some pics of my happy pair of ORA White Spotted Pygmy Filefish. I've had them for about 5 months now. They started eating from day one, pellet, flakes, mysis, etc. I feed Rods Foods original blend daily. They stick together primarily, I've heard you can have a bigger school of them, as that's how they're kept at ORA. As far as their tank mates, I've got a Maroon clown that sticks to his RBTA, yellow tang, yellow coris wrasse, solar wrasse, tailspot blenny and lawnmower blenny. Plenty of liverock with most LPS corals, Zoas and Palys. Some big mushrooms etc. They have never picked at my corals or inverts. They do hunt for copepods and amphipods around my corals a lot, they like cruising around my frag rack where I've watched them hunt. At night they bed down, actually will bite onto a piece of liverock to hold in place together all night. Pretty cool fish. I'd would completely encourage others to look into these if you're wanting to find something different. They change color depending on the lighting and background. Their eyes are bright blue, almost jewel like. View attachment 324547

i have one in my reef tank. its definitely one of my favorite fish, and the one with the most personality. and because they stay small, i would recommend them for any aquarium!
I know what you mean about the high flow, mine will cling onto to things or hide out when I have the flow high. I have 2 Vortech MP10s in a 60 gallon cube. I have them on alternating currents set to the Reef crest, which is very random flow. They seem to like more of a moderate flow and will be out hunting for pods and cruising around at those speeds.
Just got an ORA one 2 weeks ago. Its been nipping at pods and eating mysis selectively, meaning he seems to spit out half of them im assuming bc shell.

I just added a 2nd Jebao powerhead, it seems to cling to the rock more and goes surfing in the waves. . Is this too much flow? ORA site says they like high flow, but it seems like it doesnt.

Back